BCS championship game?

GeauxLSU

Default rank 5000+ posts
Corn Pop
Staff member
Super Moderator
63   0
Reaction score
Where the stars at night are big and bright.
Is FSU and OSU a given?
OK, I'm an SEC homer, I admit it. Now that that is out of the way....
Despite their schedule, I didn't think Bama had it to go undefeated this year. For any OBJECTIVE viewer of how they played they just very rarely looked like the unbeatable force they've been in some recent years. They had a favorable schedule and did what they should have done and maximized it. Kudos to them on a great season. Conversely, early on after seeing Auburn in their loss to LSU, I said then and there, they are the team to watch (from the SEC).
Preseason rankings really need to go away!
Anyway, check out this conspiracy theory from ESPN regarding voters in the Harris Poll. What do you think? http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:10067603
If I was and SEC coach, I'd vote Auburn #1 (they already got a few votes last week) and Ohio State well down.
Over the last several years, there are some perennial over ranked teams. USC, Oregon, Notre Dame, Miami, and OHIO STATE!!! Besides the fact it would just be a travesty for the BCS to come to an end and ruin this record of conference dominance;[h=4]BCS NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME[/h]
YearMatchup
2007Florida 41, Ohio State 14
2008LSU 38, Ohio State 24
2009Florida 24, Oklahoma 14
2010Alabama 37, Texas 21
2011Auburn 22, Oregon 19
2012Alabama 21, LSU 0
2013Alabama 42, Notre Dame 14

Having Ohio State in the game to lose is just a given. Apparently the Iron Bowl was the NCG but it would be nice for the cyrstal ball to reside in the conference where it is most comfortable.

Geaux Spartans!:cool:
The upstart Mizzou just needs to sit down and hush for at least this year. ;)

As a SEC fan, I would love to see Auburn jump over Ohio State in the poll. But I just do not see that happening unless Ohio State loses. While Ohio State has not played the competition Auburn has, they are still undefeated for two years, assuming they beat the Spartans. I think FSU is better than Ohio State, but if the QB for FSU is charged with a felony, he is gone from the team. Geez, I would hate to see that happen. Hey, Auburn is not going to have a walk in the park against Mizzou. Pretty good football team there.

As much as I hate to say it, unless Ohio state looses they have to be in the game. And you are right the national championship was played Saturday with bama and auburn, just like last year with Bama and UGA

As a SEC fan, I would love to see Auburn jump over Ohio State in the poll. But I just do not see that happening unless Ohio State loses. While Ohio State has not played the competition Auburn has, they are still undefeated for two years, assuming they beat the Spartans. I think FSU is better than Ohio State, but if the QB for FSU is charged with a felony, he is gone from the team. Geez, I would hate to see that happen. Hey, Auburn is not going to have a walk in the park against Mizzou. Pretty good football team there.
I happen to know someone close to the case. It ain't happening.
I wonder if all those OSU fans touting "but we are undefeated and our schedule doesn't matter" were singing that tune when Boise State was undefeated?
It should be the BEST two teams with the best resume. OSU is NOT the 2nd best team in the country. It should be FSU (assuming of course the unthinkable doesn't happen with Duke) and the SEC champion. Like you I don't think it happens without a Spartan win but hopefully the voters right this looming injustice! ;)

Just your average 24 game win streak....

michigan-vs-ohio-state-the-rivalry-ohio-state-04-1024.jpg

If OSU wins out and goes to the NCG, the best two teams will not be playing for the crystal football. I am biased as all get out but the facts and resumes of the top teams should speak for themselves. JWC you are right Mizzou is a great team that will play a good game(hopefully not too good), matter of fact they have proven themselves better than OSU in my eyes. I don't hate OSU, they have just played a very weak schedule out of conference and the Big 10 is down this year. I think the game scores for the last few NCG's in the OP say it best...

Back
Top Bottom