• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best 1-4 scope and mount under $450.

Bennyboy

Default rank <3500 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
262   0
Reaction score
Opinions and options? Going on a Ruger AR556 MPR. Leaning towards the Leupold Mark AR Mod 1 1.25-4 in a Leupold Mark 2 IMS mount. This setup will run $400-450 so I'm looking for options that cost the same or less. Thanks.

If you're not already, sign up for the DSGArms newsletter, and see what mount combo deals they run on the Steiner P4Xi 1-4x for Black Friday. Right now the scope itself is on sale for $440, but they're always running scope/mount deals. Sign up at SWFA also for their BF deals.

In regards to Leupold, I'd only get the VXR for the firedot and 30mm tube, and I do own it. It's nice glass for the price, and I love the Firedot, but it'll be over your budget unless there are some BF deals.

Thanks guys, the scope I'm looking at isn't the VXR, it's the Mark AR Mod 1. It's MSRP is $389, same as the VX2 (maybe the same scope with a different reticle). The VX2 is called a 1-4 whereas the Mark AR is called a 1.5-4. Just noticed that actually, maybe the VX2 would be better if it's actually a true 1 power.

Anyway, thoughts?

I just got a Leupold 1x4 Pig Plex. I liked it because it is small and light, I am putting it on a PTR-91 so trying to save some weight. I think the VX-2 is the same scope with a duplex reticle. The Mark AR is a 30mm tube. I think for the money any of the Leupold offerings are the best value. You sure can't beat their warranty.

Thanks guys, the scope I'm looking at isn't the VXR, it's the Mark AR Mod 1. It's MSRP is $389, same as the VX2 (maybe the same scope with a different reticle). The VX2 is called a 1-4 whereas the Mark AR is called a 1.5-4. Just noticed that actually, maybe the VX2 would be better if it's actually a true 1 power.

Anyway, thoughts?

I'm pretty sure none of those Leupy scopes are true 1x. I know the VXR isn't, but I was just saying I'd only consider the VXR because of the firedot and the 30mm tube which should give you a few more mount options.

The Steiner is more of a true 1x, and the glass is nice. It's the one I'd get personally, but it's pushing your budget without the mount, unless they have a BF sale.

Thanks everyone, I should've said "closer to true 1x power", I know none are actually 1x. I'll definitely look at the Steiner. I've heard of them but never paid attention.

Any options on Bushnells, Vortexs, or Nikons offerings in the 1x segment? Still maintaining my budget of course. Other mounts?

Back
Top Bottom