• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

best bang for buck ar red dot/optic?

I have a Sparc and a strike-fire and both are good optic. Have not had any issues. I will say I modified the sparc by stretching the sping to be able to use a more common battery. Easy to convert the sparc.

I have a Sparc and a strike-fire and both are good optic. Have not had any issues. I will say I modified the sparc by stretching the sping to be able to use a more common battery. Easy to convert the sparc.
The original SPARC, which takes a 2054 battery, will also work with the more common 2032 battery if you put a nickle under the cap. I think the SPARC II uses a 2032.

The original SPARC, which takes a 2054 battery, will also work with the more common 2032 battery if you put a nickle under the cap. I think the SPARC II uses a 2032.
I did the nickel thing with the Sparc I had. My experience with the unit was similar to yours. Right now I am using a Holosun with the ACCS (?) reticle and love it. Easy to adjust, good fit and finish, good price - about all I could ask for. I've also accidentally thrown it on concrete already and haven't had any problems either. I am kind of tempted to get another one.

I say either Vortex ( customer service second to none ) lifetime guarantee no questions. Or the lesser expensive Sightmark Ultra shot ( not the quick detach model ). I have used both and I'm on my third Sightmark. I have one on a rifle that been on there for years and never lost it's zero. It's been a great little holo sight for the money. I know of law enforcement that are going to the Sightmarks for the savings and the reliability is there regardless of price. Mine has taken dings and drops and never moved. It has 5 different brightness settings and four reticles to choose from. Great little sights. The Vortex is equally as good but twice the cost. Either way you can't go wrong. Now if you were being shipped off to Afghanistan tomorrow I would say Aimpoint but those I listed will stand up to anything a civilian will throw at it at a fraction of the cost. I am on my third Sightmark and never had a problem with any of them. I tried the quick detach one and it moved a little so I called and asked them to send me the other and no problem. They even shipped it before I sent the other back. For the record I think the Primary Arms is the same product as the Vortex. They use to be anyway.

Back
Top Bottom