• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best store around to SELL a used gun?

"Hold on, let me see what you have to sell. Would you mind if I call in one of my buddies who's an expert to look it over and tell me what it's worth?" Those people who go to a Pawn Shop to sell stuff take a beating. Just like bringing a gun to a gun store to sell. Sell it here and you'll do much better. GLWS

Stores are good for brand new stuff on sale.

That being said, I did have a shotgun that I was trying to sell on here and I got within $10 of my ask when I traded it at a local shop. I think that's the exception to the rule though.

OK, I think what OP wants is no guilt after the sale experience. Like if you sold a GSXR-1000 to a 16 year old who killed himself on it the week after he purchased it from you. I get that. No, I really do.

So go to a couple of pawn shops. Maybe Cabela's? Maybe even Cherokee Gun & Pawn, based on your location. But I have never sold a firearm to any of those places although I have bought at those places.

And there's your answer.

Just know that by doing so you are leaving possibly hundreds of dollars on the table. If that's what your good conscious costs, I get that, I really do.

Otherwise, you could advertise on ODT and require the transfer go through an FFL. But then you would have to find an FFL that would do that. And that would cost money, but you would be in a better position than if you sold it outright to a pawn shop/Cabelas...

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom