• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bill allowing campus carry signed by Gov. Deal

Not misinformed. I just saw the email that Paul Smith from GCO sent her at 9pm tonight saying no. He then cited a portion that says

"provided by paragraph (5) of this subsection; provided, however, that this exception shall not apply to a student attending such a school".

It was the first I had heard about students NOT being able to carry. I was surprised by his response to the question because I too saw GCO's email this afternoon.

I think that was addressed over at gapacking, I'll see if I can find the exact info. If I recall section 5 is one way you were able to carry on campus in the past and you are right section 7 says we (students) cannot use section 5 (This was how teachers were able to carry before HB60)

The cool thing is we're not concerned with the exemptions given in section 5 or 7 we are looking at section 6 and that's why we're good to go.

Last edited:
I think that was addressed over at gapacking, I'll see if I can find the exact info. If I recall section 5 is one way you were able to carry on campus in the past and you are right section 7 says we (students) cannot use section 5 (This was how teachers were able to carry before HB60) BUT we are looking at section 6 for our exemption meaning we are still good to go.

Gotcha. Let's hope so.

Yeah-

This is far too much of a gray area.

If someone wants to test the waters and get caught with a gun on campus-go ahead.

As for me, I know my folks didn't have a couple hundred k burning holes in their pockets to fund a legal defense for such things.

I think this is definitely too sketchy for anyone to carry until the issue hits the courts.

Yeah-

This is far too much of a gray area.

If someone wants to test the waters and get caught with a gun on campus-go ahead.

As for me, I know my folks didn't have a couple hundred k burning holes in their pockets to fund a legal defense for such things.

I think this is definitely too sketchy for anyone to carry until the issue hits the courts.

what, i shouldnt OC my mosin at GSU?

A friend of mine emailed GCO asking if this legislation will allow students to carry after July 1st.

Paul Smith (GCO Information Coordinator) emailed her back and told her that it will NOT allow students to carry on campus.

Back to practicing my fetal position.
:grey:

If it was a question about HB60 then the above is correct. If it was about HB826 then I that is incorrect.

Back
Top Bottom