• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Blocking Gun Laws With Patents?

Patents only give you the ability to defend your specific patent claims. They are strictly an offensive, not defensive tool. Patents DO NOT keep people from infringing on the claims set forth within the patent. The USPO requires the fees are paid on a regular basis to keep the patent in force.

Hypathectical Can of Worms Scenario: criminal points his gun at your head, takes your weapon (with this microstamp), robs you then shoots and kills you and your wife leaving your weapon behind (because he knows it may have the microstamp), would the cops now think this was a murder/suicide?
I know with all the modern technology they have today that would prove this to be wrong, my point is,,,if some cops don't want to deal with the hassle of trying to find the criminal or doing all the paperwork or doing all the footwork or are under alot of peer pressure, wouldn't it be easier for them to just decide, yep, he killed his wife and commited suicide case closed
they do powder tests to see who fired gun

i guess in theory this could be generated to, but i mean usually forensics (although slow) are pretty good about finding out bullet path and what not

Microstamping, bullet tracing, etc is just feel good bull**** to make voters happy.

Patents only give you the ability to defend your specific patent claims. They are strictly an offensive, not defensive tool. Patents DO NOT keep people from infringing on the claims set forth within the patent. The USPO requires the fees are paid on a regular basis to keep the patent in force.

Incorrect. Monsanto has patents on genes. Patents are not what you think anymore, they are with a funded legal team a weapon and shield.

ACTUALLY THE GUN MANUFACTURERS HAVE SAID IT WILL COST A LOT. So, to a degree some of the cost estimate IS speculation because these types of machines DO NOT EXIST other than maybe a prototype as was patented.

Cost is a huge factor, but it might also be worth looking at who would benefit financially beyond the agenda. Who owns such a patent or has money in the research?

I think though with all of the legalities the NRA and advocacy lawyers will shoot it down, it' be more dangerous in actuality if they again attempted to serialize ammunition, because they don't need to know what kind of weapons you own if they have all your data on file in purchases of ammunition.

What freedom are they taking away? You have no basis for saying this would cause the price of guns to skyrocket.

Freedom taken away would be a progression; microstamping equates to VIN on a vehicle. Registration is paid on a vehicle, insurance is required on a vehicle, tags, taxes, title. So said vehicle must be smoged for emissions and inspected to be road worthy. If it isn't they take away my DL, because driving is a privilage* not a right. Oh wait, we're not talking about driving...or are we? Then you'd have to equate to the legal ramifications as stated how the ATF or State DOJ's would interpret so said firing pins weapon or part?

Guns sky rocket when people sneeze. The elections drove them to ridiculous prices in 2008. Just like oil, speculation is enough to manipulate any market. The small arms market in the US is in the hundreds of millions of dollars. .00001% equates to hundreds of thousands. When the ammunition serialization proposal hit congress a few years ago and Cali tried something similar prices jumped over night.

Nazis and Communists love gun control, because it secures their power through rule of law. No matter if the laws are changed daily or on the spot on a whim. I don't think the lobbies would let this happen though. It'd impact business to much and drive up costs and shrink profit margins.

$1000 says that once Cal. starts doing this, someones going to use it as irrefutable evidence of a person's guilt and some poor dumb bastard is going to end up doing life because somebody used his gun to commit a murder...... Murphy will definitely show his head on this one.

Back
Top Bottom