• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Browning O/U vs Beretta O/U aka Over Under Chat

I found a Beretta with a Soft Touch Stock... are these stocks a gimmick or at least functional?

Attachments

• stock.jpg
    stock.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 22
I found a Beretta with a Soft Touch Stock... are these stocks a gimmick or at least functional?
There are several different versions, weights, and options of Soft Touch Stocks.
One version has an integrated adjustable comb so the cheek does not move on the comb as the gun recoils and one has a comb that remains fixed while the pad moves.

I have a GraCoil recoil reducer on a gun that I primarily use for Trap and it works.
Some users are distracted by the movement of the unit and others do not like the looks, but they do reduce recoil.
The hydraulic recoil pads add both weight and length of pull but work well to reduce felt recoil.

Was trying to be frugal and bought a Pre-Browning Miroku last week. (almost identical to early Citoris for anyone not familiar) 30" barrells and Mod/IC Fixed.

But then I also just bought two used semi autos today, because I'm so indecisive on what I wanted.

My math may be a little rusty, but I don't think I saved any money, I just have 3 more guns instead of 1 more.

Attachments

• canvas.png
    canvas.png
    640.8 KB · Views: 12
  • canvasf.png
    canvasf.png
    602.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 2f234f342f3f.png
    2f234f342f3f.png
    750.2 KB · Views: 8
  • tcyuctyitcyitcik.png
    tcyuctyitcyitcik.png
    979.3 KB · Views: 12
Prior to their contract with Browning in 1973, Miroku produced a line of O/U for Charles Daily and also marketed their own brand in the US.
The design of the early Charles Daily O/U in the late 60s to early 70s and Miroku models are similar to what later became the Browning Citori

This website had some great detail about Miroku:

Was trying to be frugal and bought a Pre-Browning Miroku last week. (almost identical to early Citoris for anyone not familiar) 30" barrells and Mod/IC Fixed.

But then I also just bought two used semi autos today, because I'm so indecisive on what I wanted.

My math may be a little rusty, but I don't think I saved any money, I just have 3 more guns instead of 1 more.
Regarding th O/U you have the perfect choke combo, so don't fret over fixed chokes.

Any refinements for a certain target presentation, you can make with shell selection.

Regarding th O/U you have the perfect choke combo, so don't fret over fixed chokes.

Any refinements for a certain target presentation, you can make with shell selection.

Yes, it took a while to find one in mod/IC in longer barrel. Lots of 26" skeet and other full chokes.

It was the only 30" mod/IC i saw for sale so I grabbed it.

I used to shoot 20g Improved Mod at eveything to make it more challenging, but I'd thought I'd try this for an all around gun. I don't compete in shotgun.. just shoot for fun and I never to rarely changed the choke anyway.

Back
Top Bottom