• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Browning O/U vs Beretta O/U aka Over Under Chat

The Fabarm Semi-Auto is a good gun, but the comparisons made in the ad are not accurate:

Why not compare Sporting Models to Sporting Models between the two brands?
A Beretta A400 Xcel Sporting has oversized bolt release and charging handle Plus Kickoff recoil reducer and can shoot 3" shells.
How is the Tri-wood on the Fabarm different than the Xtra-grain for the Beretta A400 Xcel Sporting?
Both companies use a process to enhance the natural grain of the wood.
To say an oil finished Grade AAA+ stock from Cole for $1200 is the same as either the Tri-Wood or Xtra-Grain is misleading.

The Fabarm Semi-Auto is a good gun, but the comparisons made in the ad are not accurate:

Why not compare Sporting Models to Sporting Models between the two brands?
A Beretta A400 Xcel Sporting has oversized bolt release and charging handle Plus Kickoff recoil reducer and can shoot 3" shells.
How is the Tri-wood on the Fabarm different than the Xtra-grain for the Beretta A400 Xcel Sporting?
Both companies use a die process to enhance the natural grain of the wood.
To say an oil finished Grade AAA+ stock from Cole for $1200 is the same as either the Tri-Wood or Xtra-Grain is misleading.
The reason I did not compare my Fabarm (with real, high quality walnut furniture) to the Xcel Sporting is that my gun, by choice is a sub 7 lb gun and the Xcel (fine gun, too!) is a 7 lb 13 ounce plus gun. Both the Beretta XPlor and Upland are sub 7 lb guns, so comparable to mine. And yes, if you buy an XCel you get the (ugly) oversized charging handle and not unattractive EZ bolt release. Yes, if you buy the now $2100 XCel, you get $175 worth of oversized charging handle and release button "included". Last time I checked $1700+ $175 was less than $2100. Sporting Grey has real walnut and not Tri Wood. There are models within the lineup of Fabarm that have real, attractive walnut and Sporting Grey is one of them. Beretta has no fancy wood in it's lineup, and yes, I suppose Cole "AAA+" wood might be better than Fabarm, but Cole doesn't offer A+, AA+ or B+ cheaper options, so to compare, this is what you get.
shovel99

I agree Beretta Fake Wood is ugly, but if you want their excellent Kickoff especially mid stock version on Upland, you have no other options. I intend to put Cole $1250 wood and Falconstrike recoil pad on an A400 Upland as an alternative, and it will be over $3k and not as good recoil reduction as factory Upland $1700,
but look fabulous. Wish B made a real wood version mid stock KO, but probably not enough space and strength in you carve out enough wood for KO to fit. Just my $.02

Swing on by and I'll make you a deal on the Guerini. I have my eyes set on a Blaser now lol.

Attachments

• 20220823_201709.jpg
    20220823_201709.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 26
Back
Top Bottom