• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Buying in another state?

I’ve also bout several long guns in person from out of state ffls. But that was all from them not a private party. Maybe that’s where there’s a difference depending on the states and what not. I’ve also bought a rigle from a gun store in a particular state and they were required to hold it for 3 days for out of state residents.
You may find that FL has a wait period too but that might be limited to handguns. Been a while since I bought a handgun in FL. The private party transfer should be handled at either a Georgia or Florida FFL to be 100% Kosher.

Does anybody have a link to one the the alphabet boys that has any of this in an understandable form?

lol. If it was me I’d just make sure the ducks were all in a row before I headed out. For ex... call the Florida ffl you’re agreeing to meet at and make sure everything is kosher.

Never heard that. I've bought a ton of rifles in other states from FFLs in those states. Where does this Georgia FFL requirement come from?
You can buy a long gun from an FFL in another state and people from other states can buy a long gun from an FFL in GA. But to sell a gun to an individual in another state it has to go to an FFL or if they were here you could do a Transfer through an FFL face to face.

Back
Top Bottom