• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Career advice

I work with a lot of different auto body shops and there is a huge shortage of skilled body technicians. A good body man who can shape metal and not just change parts can easily make over 100k. Its hard work but you won't be working crazy hours and you will have a regular schedule without travelling.

One thing you also need to consider is the hours you are going to be working in these trades. Working 12 or 16s on these jobs is a lot different than sitting at the station for 24. I know people or have family in all the trades mentioned including yours. Some do well, some do not.

My advice, stick with what you’re doing. Try to move up the ranks. As others have said, get training and certifications on your days off and see if you like it. When you retire at 50, you’ll be glad you did what you did.

I quit the fire service too. Politics and wiping asses. Learn Hvac from guys you work with before you bail. Welding is a great skill but very hazardous/poisonous. Find what you love and do it. There’s a whole world To examine if your able to. Good luck and keep seeking 8

I would advise you not to choose your life’s work based on what strangers on the internet tell you to do. Figure out what YOU will enjoy and will cover your desired lifestyle.

How are you going to figure it out if you're not aware of what's out there? Asking on here is a good way to get some ideas.

Back
Top Bottom