• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Career advice

I would stay a fireman as long as I was in school. If I can get enough work/ money I’d have to leave here. Being up all night gets OLD.
A lot of guys would kill for that job...

My nephew went to Lincoln Tech and now is an Industrial Programmer. He had a flood of offers upon graduation because people are not going into the trades. He has a great job and keeps getting offers from companies to join them.

I admire your initiative. Good luck whatever you choose.

At 26, I'd choose a trade that truly interests me, keeps me home with family, and is not hard on the body. I have the problem where just about all trades interests me. I literally want to know it all because it all fascinates me. But I settled on being a machinist for several reasons. If you want specifics on the trade or any more info, ask away. I'll find someone with answers.

I am in the kitchen and bath field, after owning a small (30-40 employee) manufacturing company and then being VP Operations for a large one, I am now wee little guy doing uber-high end installations and loving it. Although it's a few steps down the career ladder I'm making WAY more $$ than I've ever made at the top, and I control my path. There's a real shortage of good guys in this business. Should you opt to get into this trade, with a few years of earnest work and studious learning, you can become self-employed, many of us are making $150-200K per year or more.

Welding rough on lungs to. Think would just do side jobs stay with fire department Economy goes south may not have a job then will have retirement check better insurance. 24 on 24 off

Back
Top Bottom