• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Carrying a gun at music midtown?

christianjones

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
88   0
Reaction score
have any of you been to music midtown in recent years? are there metal detectors, wands, or signs put up restricting firearms (in a PUBLIC park)? Any thoughts would help. thanks.

was announced on the radio ,no weapons
tumblr_ll3useurmU1qeav4p.png

Any such infringements would be illegal, as clearly specified in our newly passed legislation. In our state, don't worry about no gun signs. They mean nothing. I can't speak to the wanding/metal detectors, other than they would be illegal to implement at a public park, but that doesn't mean they won't do it anyway.

Any such infringements would be illegal, as clearly specified in our newly passed legislation. In our state, don't worry about no gun signs. They mean nothing. I can't speak to the wanding/metal detectors, other than they would be illegal to implement at a public park, but that doesn't mean they won't do it anyway.

I think the "Water" here may get a lil' MURKY, depending of how the City's Lease Agreement with the Concert Promoter is WORDED--Depending on that, I'm guessing that some may construe the Venue to be "Private Property" for Weapons Carry purposes--But then, I am NOT a Lawyer, did NOT ATTEND Law School, heck, I didn't even stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night--LOL!....mikey357

Last edited:
Dang, I went two years ago, but I wasn't carrying then. I don't think there were any wands, but I'm not 100% on that. There definitely weren't any metal detectors.

From what I understand, if you are carrying and they have detection devices and catch you carrying, you can't get in trouble for it. They'll just tell you that you can't enter with the gun. At which point you can make the decision to either just leave altogether or go put the gun in your car and return. But I understand the desire to want to know ahead of time.

From what I understand, if you are carrying and they have detection devices and catch you carrying, you can't get in trouble for it. They'll just tell you that you can't enter with the gun. At which point you can make the decision to either just leave altogether or go put the gun in your car and return. But I understand the desire to want to know ahead of time.

As long as you are carrying legally they won't do anything other than to tell you to lock your gun up and come back. I carry all the time to Braves games and other venues. I have yet to get caught. Almost every time the person operating the detectors or wands are either very young or very old. Neither group seems to really care about their job. Then again they are probably making the minimum wage. The way it almost always goes down for me is I step through the detector, set if off, get sent to a bored looking person who quickly wands me. My belt and shoes set off the wand, I explain how my buckle is metal and my shoes have metal lace sockets. My pistol is somewhere in between. ;)

The trick is carry something small (I carry a Body Guard .380), with a good holster and instead of standard IWB clips, I use J-hooks. While I would like to carry something bigger, a .380 is better than nothing.

Back
Top Bottom