• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Carrying a gun at music midtown?

We all know that the REAL concern isn't a bunch of middle aged white guys from suburbia carrying holstered pistols.
The problem is packs of feral youths, hoodlums from da 'hood, coming out to hunt for victims in packs,
or just to have a rumble with groups of youths from rival packs (er, I mean gangs).

1200x0.jpg

Isn't it illegal to carry anywhere they charge an entry fee?

Clearly not, otherwise the Atl. Botanical Gardens case would have been open-and-shut.
Instead, the distinction was drawn between public and private property, and sometimes even public property can be treated like private property if the lease is for a long enough term and gives a blank check to the tenant to make the rules and regulations for the place, (and they're responsible for property taxes-- NOTE, this tax thing wasn't part of the actual holding of the case, but it's implied because the key prior court case the government / Gardens used, and which the Court cited with favor and followed, was a case about private entities leasing pubic land and becoming responsible for land taxes).

Why do these dumbass promoters believe they can prevent little thuglins from bringing dey gats into the venue? Do they really believe the yutes can read? Or is it simply a CYA thing? I see a "No Guns/Weapons Allowed" sign and your security isn't wanding or metal detecting entrants, I assume you are just trying to make the weak minded and fearful people more comfortable, not really serious about it.

We all know that the REAL concern isn't a bunch of middle aged white guys from suburbia carrying holstered pistols.
The problem is packs of feral youths, hoodlums from da 'hood, coming out to hunt for victims in packs,
or just to have a rumble with groups of youths from rival packs (er, I mean gangs).

1200x0.jpg
Although that photo looks like it could be taken behind Saleem's Fish on Pio Nono Ave in Macon, the UNICEF white flip flops says it's probably someplace in Afrika.

Good catch, PalmettoMoon. I think this photo was from the slums of Rio, in Brazil.

Which is, culturally, and on the socio-economic development scale,
THIS CLOSE to some parts of Atlanta....

hand-gesture-two-fingers-holding-something-man-isolated-white-background-97596016.jpg

P.S. I wonder if UNICEF has a program for gun safety training in South America?
Notice the trigger discipline being practiced by the thuglets!

Personally, the longer I live in Atlanta, the less concerned I get for my safety. I stopped carrying about a month ago because I was wearing swim shorts and flip flops like 24hrs a day...

If someone wants what I got, let em try. I'm so on edge these days I will Rick Grimes a mother****ers throat out with my teeth.

Bring it on.

Personally, the longer I live in Atlanta, the less concerned I get for my safety. I stopped carrying about a month ago because I was wearing swim shorts and flip flops like 24hrs a day...

If someone wants what I got, let em try. I'm so on edge these days I will Rick Grimes a mother****ers throat out with my teeth.

Bring it on.
Rick grimes is fake man, hepatitis and 8dz is real bruh…..

Back
Top Bottom