• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Do you own any guns that you will never fire?

Do you own any firearms you will never shoot?

• Total voters
I have a some guns that I will not shoot, but that is just me. If I decide to trade/sell, some potential buyers put a higher value on guns that have not been fired, except at the factory. I have enough to shoot without shooting them. Yep, plenty of them to shoot, just not enough ammo.

051 (1024x680).jpg

I have 2 I will never shoot again. 1 is my grandfathers double barrel, nothing special. I shot it about 15 years ago with no problems. Now I see the family value of it. The others was my dads who passed a couple years ago. Priceless to me.

Ok I was 6 fingers into some Jim Beam last night while performing rifle brass trimming then debur the cases and I honestly hate this part of reloading but it must be done. So excuse the harsh reply when I said someone would be stupid to own a gun and then not shoot it, just seems a waste though.

Now that is a sweet looking Python. However, to not shoot it seems just so wrong. Would I should all the time nope but dusted off on occasion and sampled like a fine aged wine with some .38's heck yes.

I subscribe to owning only guns that I will actually shoot. I have some that get shot rarely but they get shot. I guess if I had a relic that might be damaged by shooting then I would consider it. My oldest guns are around 70 years old (Dad's stevens .22LR and a WWII 1911). They get shot on occasion and that brings me a lot of enjoyment.

Back to deburring, uuuggggh!:(

RamRoddoc, to each his or her own. I don't mind that you shoot yours, really I don't. I think diversity helps make this a great site. I certainly would not sit here and tell you that you should own guns that you do not shoot. However, I do have some that I will not shoot. There are some on our site, not you by the way, that would like for me to do as they do, shoot them all. I believe that if I spend my money, I will do with them as I please. You spend your money, you do as you please. I do not believe there is a right or a wrong in this vein. Just a difference of opinion.
Glad that you are deburring and not me!

Back
Top Bottom