• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Do you own any guns that you will never fire?

Do you own any firearms you will never shoot?

• Total voters
In the case of dellers Combat Python the difference between "not shot" and just a few down the pipe can mean literaly thousands of dollars. It would be well worth the money to not shoot that one and go buy a "shooter" 4" Python for $1500 and wear it out.

Ok I was 6 fingers into some Jim Beam last night while performing rifle brass trimming then debur the cases and I honestly hate this part of reloading but it must be done. So excuse the harsh reply when I said someone would be stupid to own a gun and then not shoot it, just seems a waste though.

Now that is a sweet looking Python. However, to not shoot it seems just so wrong. Would I should all the time nope but dusted off on occasion and sampled like a fine aged wine with some .38's heck yes.

I subscribe to owning only guns that I will actually shoot. I have some that get shot rarely but they get shot. I guess if I had a relic that might be damaged by shooting then I would consider it. My oldest guns are around 70 years old (Dad's stevens .22LR and a WWII 1911). They get shot on occasion and that brings me a lot of enjoyment.

Back to deburring, uuuggggh!:(

That's the situation. The two I own can be damaged by shooting them. I have another Luger that I do shoot for that very reason. I want to shoot it! I'm sure the gun used to kill Lincoln shoots like a dream ... it would be a nightmare to shoot it and lose that piece of history forever.

Well heres what I say if the gun has been fired say my 1964 hi power is mint but its been shot by the previous owner I will shoot it but after like 1 or 2 range trips it sits in the safe and ill take it out and drool on and oil it down and back to the safe

I only have one gun that I will not shoot because I don't trust it holding together. It is a Davis P380 that I got from a friend for pretty much free.

Yeah. My old Model 60 marlin. I got it for my eighth birthday and it has been totally worn out. I'd prefer to leave it as is and let her sit retired.

- - - Updated - - -

Sure do. Have several. The ones that come to mind right off the bat. Atlanta Olympic Security Team Glocks. I have a few of them, Then there is the P1 Walther.

They made the p1 (aluminum frame) into the 80's. They are easy to come by. Shoot it and don't worry about it.

Back
Top Bottom