• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Favorite Handgun Caliber of All Time

Favorite Handgun Caliber of All Time?

• Total voters
I almost typed .45 but thought about "favorite" is not necessarily what I enjoy to shoot the most.

My favorite is .44 Magnum. The caliber is extremely accurate but takes a bit of trigger discipline to truly appreciate it. I'm fond of the power it unleashes like a Blown 426 Hemi. The blast in a closed range makes me feel the shot way down in me gutty wuts. The guys are often parrie dogging in the other shooting bays and it is funny too watch when the hammer is dropped.

It does fatigue me fairly quickly so I don't shoot 250 rounds during a shooting session.

Last edited:
I voted .45 ACP but I have some loads for my .45 LC old model Vaquero that when I touch off one of those bad boys at the range everybody wants to know "What the hell are you shooting?!" LOL! Those are pretty fun to shoot. Once at Lock Stock & Barrel I had 4 Marines home on leave come over to my lane to see what I was shooting, 3 of em' were over 6 feet tall and one was a little smaller than me (I'm 5'8") and the little guy was the only one who wanted to try it out when I offered to let em' shoot it. He loved it! The taller guys said "Oh hell naw!" when I asked if they wanted to shoot it. lol! I was surprised to say the least. The .45 LC loads are Cor-Bon 300gr JSP's @ 1300 fps. Don't try shooting these type of rounds in a new model Vaquero, you'll break the frame sooner or later.

Back
Top Bottom