• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Finally had my AD

I am happy to hear you are ok. I researched the pistol you had on you. Never knew of her, or of 22 wmr. Apparently it is a wise choice to carry walking around the property. WOW!

Attachments

• IMG_8976.png
    IMG_8976.png
    173 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_8977.jpeg
    IMG_8977.jpeg
    164 KB · Views: 14
Glad you're ok OP. We're never too old to learn from our mistakes
Was that Air Methods out of Jasper that transported you?

Well after 50+ years of firearms handling I finally had my AD (everyone will have one some day). I very rarely carry a gun in my backyard but last night when I was bringing in 2 birdfeeders there were 2 strange bears I have never seen ( we have bears all day long but you get to know them). So I took my PMR30 with me which was handy at the time. I had tossed the bird feeders (converted chicken feeders) up over the wall (they are on the other side of a retaining wall). Went to pick them up, PMR 30 in hand, and somehow one of the wood dowels sticking out of it caught the trigger and BOOM! Though and through....and through and through, both legs. Walked into the screened in porch, put pressure on all 4 holes while the wife called 911. Most blood I have ever seen anywhere!! Even though I ended up walking up the stairs so the EMTs did not have to carry me the made by go to Kennestone via air lift (helicopter) as they said there is no trauma center up here. Shot at 9pm and home at 230am. On the plus side the PMR 30 has a light trigger pull!!! And a safety which will always be on from now on lol. Off to by a lottery ticket later.
358149708_23945149398401755_9139383587213543533_n.jpg
Sir, glad you survived. Hope you make a quick recovery. Thank you for sharing your adventure with ODT family. God bless.

Glad you are ok. Have had 2 nd/ad’s one in my 20’s one in my 50’s. both went into things that weren’t hurt but it could have well been otherwise. Sure causes a person to wake up and examine their protocols. Prayers for a rapid and full healing.

You should have told the cops that while you were eating Cheetos, you saw a baby walking across the yard, got your gun to protect the baby from the bears and 2 while guys with orange hair tackled and shot you. Glad you are ok and hopefully no long term damage.
probably the easiest ever for the detectives. 2 bird feeders, with their wood dowels sticking out on the ground (one of those wood dowels is what caught the trigger). Next to them a small pool of blood and bloody footprints from that spot into the screened in porch then bloody footprints' for 5 feet until I laid down on the tile. Cleared the gun, left it on a small table next to me with the mag and just sat there with 2 towels putting pressure on the wounds till EMT/GSO arrived.

Not saying this to bash the OP, and I'm sincerely glad he's ok. But I don't understand the thinking behind carrying around a loaded gun unholstered. Every loaded handgun in my house is in a holster. I
Because I am a dumbass BUT the reason I had it in my hand is it had a light on it and I was using that as it was dark, still a DUMB move no doubt!!

Back
Top Bottom