• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Finally had my AD

Because I am a dumbass BUT the reason I had it in my hand is it had a light on it and I was using that as it was dark, still a DUMB move no doubt!!
Yep, I'm guilty of that too. Can't find my flashlight so grab a pistol or shotgun with light attached. Hopefully I'll think twice next time.

Yep, I'm guilty of that too. Can't find my flashlight so grab a pistol or shotgun with light attached. Hopefully I'll think twice next time.
Or the flashlight batteries are dead.
Thanks for the reminder.
I need to check all the flashlight, lantern, and fan batteries before hurricane season cranks up.

https://www.ammoland.com/2017/06/be...-world-record-grizzly-and-more/#axzz89ABDLk5C

Bella-Twin-is-shown-with-the-hide-from-the-world-record-grizzly-bear.jpg

Bella-Twin-Bear-Scull-with-date-horizonta.jpg
I knew this but didn’t know where to look for a link. Thx for posting

I hope you don't get inundated with condescending remarks from all the "pros" on this site.

What's done is done. Anybody chiming in with their 2 cents as to what you should or shouldn't have done is irrelevant. They ain't gonna say anything that you haven't already said to yourself over and over by now, I'm sure.

I appreciate you being willing to share this experience and give us all a reminder to never be complacent when handling firearms. No matter how long it's been a part of our life. I've yet to have an AD and/or ND (I don't care what you prefer to call it) but again, thank you for reminding us how quickly things can go wrong.

Glad it wasn't more serious and that you are on mend.
Agreed 110% NOBODY is perfect and this is not the time or place to be a dickhead and leave smartass comments.
Best wishes and heal up quick as possible.

Seen an experienced LEO draw his pistol at a self defense class and shoot the dirt 3 feet in front of his toes. Definitely an eye opener

It's a useful reminder that not all cops are experienced enough that you can assume they're safe on the range.

I used to RO at a club and the biggest offenders when it came to shooting divots out of the concrete floor were the cops when they rented the range for qualification every year. They were no slouches when it came to shooting the target frames and ducting either.

Edit: Just to note, drawing from a holster QUICKLY was not part of their qualification. Connecticut police have to complete a string of shots (10 rounds in 8 seconds is one, if I remember correctly) leaving what I consider "plenty" of time to unholster at a leisurely pace. So they really had almost no excuse for excavating the floor with their Speers.

Back
Top Bottom