Florida/GA game

I'm a dog. I hate to admit it, but Florida is just too strong right now. But I'll never compliment them; my memory is still good, and I'll never get that nasty taste of Steve Spurrier out of me.

527418.jpg

First of all, it's the GEORGIA -florida game. Having said that, the gators have steadily improved each game, though I think #2 in the BCS is a stretch but my Dawgs haven't. We should have known something was up when Tenn hung up 40 points. The team has an abundance of talent but can't win the big game. GA - FLA is always a big game even if both are 3-4 at the time they meet.

Richt's a nice guy and McGarity isn't gonna fire a coach who can go 10 -2, 9-3 most years - even if he loses the big games. Spurrier once said something about Georgia recruiting all these top 4 or 5 star high school kids who go to Athens never to be heard from again. What I think he was saying is that it comes down to coaching. They don't get "coached up." When there are coaching vacancies around college football, you ever hear Bobo's name mentioned in connection with any of them? Me neither. Tells you something right there. Grantham didn't have to account for a running quarterback in his NFL schemes. Sometimes I wonder if he's made the adjustment when you think about what the teams with good qbs who will take off do to us.

I think florida wins by 25. They won't be able to run Gurshall, Murray will have the UF defense in his face all day so the passing game won't do squat and there'll be no in game coaching tweaks to account for what's happening on the field. I'm sick of losing to florida and unlike a lot of you, I have to see gator tags all over the place down here in Valdosta!

First of all, it's the GEORGIA -florida game. Having said that, the gators have steadily improved each game, though I think #2 in the BCS is a stretch but my Dawgs haven't. We should have known something was up when Tenn hung up 40 points. The team has an abundance of talent but can't win the big game. GA - FLA is always a big game even if both are 3-4 at the time they meet.

Richt's a nice guy and McGarity isn't gonna fire a coach who can go 10 -2, 9-3 most years - even if he loses the big games. Spurrier once said something about Georgia recruiting all these top 4 or 5 star high school kids who go to Athens never to be heard from again. What I think he was saying is that it comes down to coaching. They don't get "coached up." When there are coaching vacancies around college football, you ever hear Bobo's name mentioned in connection with any of them? Me neither. Tells you something right there. Grantham didn't have to account for a running quarterback in his NFL schemes. Sometimes I wonder if he's made the adjustment when you think about what the teams with good qbs who will take off do to us.

I think florida wins by 25. They won't be able to run Gurshall, Murray will have the UF defense in his face all day so the passing game won't do squat and there'll be no in game coaching tweaks to account for what's happening on the field. I'm sick of losing to florida and unlike a lot of you, I have to see gator tags all over the place down here in Valdosta!

The Dawgs usually are up for this game more than any other.If the dawgs can stay close in the first half we might see a decent game.GA has been a second half team,so maybe the defence can keep us in it.

As a Dawg fan, I don't understand what the heck is wrong with the vaunted defense! I think our NFL wannabees are afraid to get injured? Maybe we sit them down a while and see what that does to the draft status!! But bottom line, the coaches have to get them coached up for these type games. I love Mark, what a great Christian guy, but maybe God has something else in mind for him?? Only He knows, certainly not me. But having said all o f that, I think if the defense shows some nads, we'll be in it til the end. Turnovers decide the winner! Go Dawgs!!

PS hope that all you Flo-rida foks have on your jean cut offs , and wife beater tees on for the great weather, whichever way the game goes!!

Back
Top Bottom