• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Georgia proposes no carry licenses

With a new spot open in GA legislature for the champion of gun rights, we could see alot of good things come through like this in the upcoming session.

Ok so maybe im the only one that opposes this! I DONT like it. Now in saying that, do I wanna pay $65-100 every five years to carry, no not at all! D0 I wanna go through the process of finger prints etc, etc, No! But does actually going through process of having a permit keep some real dub@$$&$ from carrying? YES!!! I think everyone should have the right to bear arms and be able to practice it. But thats the beautiful thing about GA. Anyone 21 or older without felony records or history of mental defect can open carry. Im sorry but I know several "Wanna Be Cops" and "Wanna Be Bad A$$&$" and the only thing keeping them from ruining it for the rest of us "Responsible" gun carriers is that they are tight wads and dont wanna spend the money. I can see where if this goes through it will pave the way for more and better gun laws but I am not a huge fan... Yall can hate on me if ya want to

As far as carry without a license, I understood it to only be your property, car, or business. Not open carry anywhere you want.

Ok so maybe im the only one that opposes this! I DONT like it. Now in saying that, do I wanna pay $65-100 every five years to carry, no not at all! D0 I wanna go through the process of finger prints etc, etc, No! But does actually going through process of having a permit keep some real dub@$$&$ from carrying? YES!!! I think everyone should have the right to bear arms and be able to practice it. But thats the beautiful thing about GA. Anyone 21 or older without felony records or history of mental defect can open carry. Im sorry but I know several "Wanna Be Cops" and "Wanna Be Bad A$$&$" and the only thing keeping them from ruining it for the rest of us "Responsible" gun carriers is that they are tight wads and dont wanna spend the money. I can see where if this goes through it will pave the way for more and better gun laws but I am not a huge fan... Yall can hate on me if ya want to

No sir! TO my knowledge one can open carry anywhere their conceal permits allows unless a place of business has a sign posted. I open carry in the Malls, Wal Marts, etc. Have never had any problems

I wonder how this will change the firearm purchasing process through a dealer. Will a background check have to be conducted every time? It sure is nice to just lay down your license and walk out the door.

Back
Top Bottom