• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Georgia proposes no carry licenses

Do you really think that a DL test is adequate training for someone to drive a vehicle?
There are a lot of complete idiots driving and causing a lot of wrecks and deaths.

I was being sarcastic about the gwl requirements, permit or not people carry, DL or not people drive.

Um, no not correct. GFL application is not a test of your gun handling abilities. you can be a Einstein or a complete ****in idiot and still get it as long as you can pass the background part of the application. All it is is a revenue generator and the only positive thing about it is keeping from you to have to to a background check when buying a gun.

I would prefer the permit. One reason is the statement listed in the posting above. Second is, With no permit law in place, any yahoo can grab a seat down town and change the law overnight. Resulting in Georgians in loosing another right. With permits in place, there are other factor that would have to be considered before passing such a restrictive law. And we all know GA loves that cash.

My view on this is, that criminals will carry either way. The only people effected by a license is the law abiding folks. Having no required carry license will not make it legal in any way for felons have a firearm, which is no different from now. The only difference will be that more law abiding citizens that are not felons will be able to bear arms. This will have a direct positive impact on crime because more people will likely be legally armed at any given time; thus a higher risk for any criminal.

I like the idea, but I'll still keep a GWL. I like the idea of open carry, but I prefer to CC. It may be psychological, but I'd rather not have people know I carry until I choose to pull it out. I think its a bit of an edge. OC'ing puts you at a disadvantage as I see it. It could make you the primary target in a group issue. If someone gets the jump on you, you better be pretty d*** fast, and I ain't.

As for training, I'm for it. As for required training, H*** NO. I'd like to see public service programs on TV dealing not with gun safety (that would be left wing crap,) I'd like to see safe gun handling/usage/techniques (no Rambo/Bear Grills stuff, just how to stuff.)

That said, I saw a guy OC'ing a full size XD on the top of Kennesaw Mountain the other day. Nobody seemed to mind, no screaming masses, no women fainting, no frantic whispers behind his back. I just hope he didn't have to use the bathroom when he came down, they got a big no gun sign on the door.

Back
Top Bottom