• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Georgia proposes no carry licenses

I wonder how this will change the firearm purchasing process through a dealer. Will a background check have to be conducted every time? It sure is nice to just lay down your license and walk out the door.

I sure hope not. That would suck if we had to go back to making the phone call every time.

I wonder how this will change the firearm purchasing process through a dealer. Will a background check have to be conducted every time? It sure is nice to just lay down your license and walk out the door.

From the text of the bill I have read, the permit can still be had for those who want it for the NICS check, and for reciprocity in other states.

Ok so maybe im the only one that opposes this! I DONT like it. Now in saying that, do I wanna pay $65-100 every five years to carry, no not at all! D0 I wanna go through the process of finger prints etc, etc, No! But does actually going through process of having a permit keep some real dub@$$&$ from carrying? YES!!! I think everyone should have the right to bear arms and be able to practice it. But thats the beautiful thing about GA. Anyone 21 or older without felony records or history of mental defect can open carry. Im sorry but I know several "Wanna Be Cops" and "Wanna Be Bad A$$&$" and the only thing keeping them from ruining it for the rest of us "Responsible" gun carriers is that they are tight wads and dont wanna spend the money. I can see where if this goes through it will pave the way for more and better gun laws but I am not a huge fan... Yall can hate on me if ya want to

I'm not going to "hate" you. But I am going to call you an uninformed fear monger. Vermont, Alaska, Wyoming, and Arizona all have unlicensed carry and I'm not aware of any problems associated with it. If you have some information that I don't know about, please present it.

The way the Ga Gun laws are written one can only be punished for conceal carry without a permit. Doesn't say anything nor address the issue of open carrying

You are way wrong. You must have a GWCL to carry, whether openly or concealed in the state of Ga. you can openly carry a long arm without a permit, but not a handgun.

The way the Ga Gun laws are written one can only be punished for conceal carry without a permit. Doesn't say anything nor address the issue of open carrying

No sir! TO my knowledge one can open carry anywhere their conceal permits allows unless a place of business has a sign posted. I open carry in the Malls, Wal Marts, etc. Have never had any problems

You either don't understand GA carry laws or you're not expressing yourself very well.

If you read it, it said licensing would continue on a voluntary basis.
That would allow for reciprocal carry, and weapon purchases, and probably a lot less hassle from the police if the situation called for it.
Allowing concealed carry in GA without a permit, is not going to get rid of Federal laws.

I oppose this idea only due to reciprocity with other states. Having the little piece of paper makes me feel better if I'm pulled over in another state that honors it.

Now all the gang bangers who haven't been arrested and are over 21 can carry legally. No, thanks.

Back
Top Bottom