• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Georgia proposes no carry licenses

I think that if it gets so bad that the Feds start raiding gin shops to get info, all the gun owners would have sudden burglarys. Causing an huge lose of property.

exactly!

Plus if they are "true" gangbangers most of them have real criminal records.

Sounds like some people are scared of gun owners that don't look quite like they do.
yep

its the fact that i need to get permission from a government who i feel doesnt represent me to do what i consider to be a god given right
qft

every other year gco get some good stuff done. '08, '10...we're due in '12.
lets hope so

They can carry now if they are over 21 and haven't been arrested?

you can have an arrest record, and convictions and still get a carry permit. they frown on drugs, active restraining orders, domestic violence, and weapons related crimes. i have a few friends that have been in these situations, and still have c.c.

I worked as a LEO in Vermont, the crime rate seems to be lower because bad guys don't like the idea of getting shot by their potential "Victim". Not everyone carries in Vermont and a few cities have passed ordinances prohibiting open or concealed carry within the city limits, Rutland was the first city to enact the ban. The good part is that most of the population lives in rural areas and in smaller towns and prohibitions of any kind don't do well in those areas. The downfall is that no state that requires a permit reciprocates with Vermont on carry.

I lived in Vermont, one of the free to carry states, for 4 years after college. There are as many idiots there as there are here in GA. The only difference there is that random violence, home invasion, car jacking, etc. rates are all significantly lower in Vermont than GA. Criminals know that in many areas in the state, someone NOT having a gun on them all the time is the exception.

Asking permission of a Constitutionally guaranteed right is insane and asinine.

Ok so maybe im the only one that opposes this! I DONT like it. Now in saying that, do I wanna pay $65-100 every five years to carry, no not at all! D0 I wanna go through the process of finger prints etc, etc, No! But does actually going through process of having a permit keep some real dub@$$&$ from carrying? YES!!! I think everyone should have the right to bear arms and be able to practice it. But thats the beautiful thing about GA. Anyone 21 or older without felony records or history of mental defect can open carry. Im sorry but I know several "Wanna Be Cops" and "Wanna Be Bad A$$&$" and the only thing keeping them from ruining it for the rest of us "Responsible" gun carriers is that they are tight wads and dont wanna spend the money. I can see where if this goes through it will pave the way for more and better gun laws but I am not a huge fan... Yall can hate on me if ya want to

But does actually going through process of having a permit keep some real dub@$$&$ from carrying? YES!!!
Good point.

You are absolutely correct, having to go through the process of getting a driving licence keeps folks without or revoked licences from driving a vehicle.

But does actually going through process of having a permit keep some real dub@$$&$ from carrying? YES!!!
Good point.

You are absolutely correct, having to go through the process of getting a driving licence keeps folks without or revoked licences from driving a vehicle.
Um, no not correct. GFL application is not a test of your gun handling abilities. you can be a Einstein or a complete ****in idiot and still get it as long as you can pass the background part of the application. All it is is a revenue generator and the only positive thing about it is keeping from you to have to to a background check when buying a gun.

Back
Top Bottom