• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Green Gun

MaconGuns

Default rank <5000 posts
ODT Junkie!
63   0
Reaction score
So my wife is from another country. She has a 10 year green card. We have 2 vehicles and I leave a 9mm in my truck. ATM there is a long neck hammer in her car. Not sure why i choose a hammer but, seemed like a good tool for different jobs. IF I decide to leave a gun in her car, could this have any legal issues since she isn't a temporary citizen?

My wife of 30+ years is also from another country. She keeps renewing her Resident Alien Card (Green Card). She is eligible for Social Security at retirement age as she has worked in the US (legally) and has paid her fair share of taxes for many years. She does have a Georgia Weapons Carry License and can (has) purchased her own firearms legally of course.

It is a very long story why she does not bother to get her US citizenship and she most certainly can.

Hope that helps.

I'm a resident alien, married to a citzen and my children are like little secret agents, they have US and Australian passports. It's legal. When I purchase through a FFL I tick a resident alien box an put my number in, thats the only difference in that. To move here, as part of the application, I had to pay to be checked out by the Australian Federal Police (who apparently also put in an Interpol enquiry as well). Homeland Security than did there own check. Upon applying for my CCW, apparently the GBI does a check for that as well. I'm feeling pretty well screened these days.

I'm a resident alien, married to a citzen and my children are like little secret agents, they have US and Australian passports. It's legal. When I purchase through a FFL I tick a resident alien box an put my number in, thats the only difference in that. To move here, as part of the application, I had to pay to be checked out by the Australian Federal Police (who apparently also put in an Interpol enquiry as well). Homeland Security than did there own check. Upon applying for my CCW, apparently the GBI does a check for that as well. I'm feeling pretty well screened these days.

Hell son, you're better screened than Congress.

To another in the thread, I believe you have to apply for citizenship after marrying a US citizen and it is a process. A friend married a british dude and took them a few years actually for him to get his citizenship.

she's legal if she can show proof (utility bills, bank accounts, etc.)of residing at an address in the US with the legal green card and documents.

So... even though she is a temporary citizen , she can still get a carry permit AND purchase firearms?

If so, I find that very interesting.

Back
Top Bottom