Gun ban

It's 1994 all over again. Half of the gun owners say that it won't happen and those that think it will are paranoid. The other half say it will happen and we need to do something to stop it. I don't need to tell all of you who was right back in 1994!

I have been watching this closely and the gun grabbers are more driven to take our guns this time than they were last time. They also have more going for them this time because of all those mass shootings in 2012.

The current bill is just a starting point. You start out with much more than you know you will get so that you can negotiate. If she backs off on some of the guns listed or some of the evil items that makes a weapon an assault weapon then it gives the appearance that she is trying to be fair. I can tell you she already knows she isn't going to get everything she is asking for and she already knows what she will give up and what she will fight to keep.

I watched the press conferance where Obama said that changes need to be made regardles of politics and that he WILL USE his executive privilage to make it happen.

The President never said he would write an executive order. If he wanted to, then he would. What's he waiting for? He doesn't need approval to do so.
The Republicans are so weak and scattered, the House ( where they hold a majority) didn't even vote on Speaker Boehner plan for the fiscal cliff. And now the Democrats written the plan and the Republicans have begrudgingly accepted...
Truth be told the President doesn't need an EO. If they want to do it, it will be through Congress and a disorganized House won't and can't stop it if they push it hard enough.

The battle over a proposed gun ban is not coming, it is already here. We must remain engaged in the debate. And, if you think the latest gun control debate will be limited solely to legislation to ban semi-autos and "large capacity" magazines, think again. One way or another they are looking at ways to subject all private sales of firearms to background checks, even among family members and friends, and to end mail-order sales of ammunition. If you are not a member of the NRA, what are you waiting on?

I've been actively considering this entire scenario for a few weeks now.. Today I decided that anything I am not in love with, thats on the list is going to go while prices are up. The best case scenario is I'll check out, make a few bucks off every weapon and then the bill won't pass... Then I'll re-buy at a later date for probably less than I paid for them the first time around since the market will probably be overflowing.

I am not paranoid, just approaching this with a sense of urgency and a desire to check out while I still can while values are up. What worries me more than anything is NFA and my investments being worthless if they cannot be transferred. I am going to start listing tomorrow, maybe hit the gun show this weekend if I can still get a table.

Call me crazy, and I might be..

This is scary as hell. I'm sending it to everyone. Good thing that any guns that used to be registered to me are long gone.

As Thomas Jefferson put it ".....Every generation needs a Revolution" - I'd say it's about time.

Another of the favorites: "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."-Thomas Jefferson

All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Thomas Jefferson

PetitionSigned.jpg<<<<<Petition Signed, now it's your turn. We're pretty close to the 25,000 needed.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom