• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gun Cleaning Optional?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't buy anything from me then. I couldn't tell you the last time I cleaned my precision gun and it still shoots little groups. My AR hasn't been cleaned in at least 1000 rounds. My Glock got cleaned, 3k ago? Now the shotgun did get a cleaning a month or so ago cause it started puking after probably 1500 rounds.

I just don't buy into the whole clean every time it's shot.
I'm the same way. If it can't shoot dirty, I don't want it. **1911's cough**

just beacuase it will shoot dirty doesnt meen you have to leave it dirty. its like buying a BMW, driving it through the mud to see if it can, then leaving it muddy. Sure you can do it but why? I paid good money for my firearms, I want them to too look nice.

just beacuase it will shoot dirty doesnt meen you have to leave it dirty. its like buying a BMW, driving it through the mud to see if it can, then leaving it muddy. Sure you can do it but why? I paid good money for my firearms, I want them to too look nice.

There is the difference...I buy tools to do jobs, I don't care how they look so long as they do the job I require it to do.

Well I clean my tools too. Doesnt make sense to spend your hard earned money on quality things and then dump on them .

I clean my carry piece once a week, get the lint and crud out, and the rest when they get shot.

No real reason not to...

The good ol' wipe down and a bore snake x5 with super light oil. Never cleaning copper (rifle 500-200k depending on gun, pistol 4k).

^^ This^^
My firearms are tools, and my everyday shooters get this kind of cleaning. My EDC gets the compressed air can and a wipe down periodically just like I did my duty weapon for years. Kids and I clean theirs after every trip to the range, but this is part of our regiment of training and time together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom