• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gun Cleaning Optional?

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^ This^^
My firearms are tools, and my everyday shooters get this kind of cleaning. My EDC gets the compressed air can and a wipe down periodically just like I did my duty weapon for years. Kids and I clean theirs after every trip to the range, but this is part of our regiment of training and time together.

Same here, I do clean my "range guns" after every visit but I enjoy it, kind of a Zen thing for me :)

I clean my daily carry every week and clean my safe guns after every trip to the range.

I don't want to leave reliability to chance and part of every cleaning is a detailed inspection.

I wait till right before I go to the range to clean my carry gun. That way I can shoot a mag or two out of it after cleaning it, put it in the holster and it will be ready if it is ever needed. A lot of people forget that almost every gun right after a thorough cleaning will not shoot point of aim for the first few shots till the barrel gets a little dirty. My range guns usually get cleaned every few range trips.

I wait till right before I go to the range to clean my carry gun. That way I can shoot a mag or two out of it after cleaning it, put it in the holster and it will be ready if it is ever needed. A lot of people forget that almost every gun right after a thorough cleaning will not shoot point of aim for the first few shots till the barrel gets a little dirty. My range guns usually get cleaned every few range trips.
I have been shooting almost 15 years 10 of which with the military. I've got to tell you I have never ever heard someone say that a clean bore doesn't shoot poa until the bore gets dirty. Where did you hear that?

I used to clean after every range trip... but have kind of slacked off lately. Now I clean when I have a free day.

Also, I dont shoot corrosive ammo anymore, so I'm not worried about rust anymore. When I do clean... it takes about three or four hours now... too many damn guns.

I'm probably going to have to thin the herd soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom