• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gun Cleaning Optional?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get bored and have OCD I clean mine after each shooting,and at least once a month or twice to keep it from rusting and dust free.I have OCD really bad.

I have been shooting almost 15 years 10 of which with the military. I've got to tell you I have never ever heard someone say that a clean bore doesn't shoot poa until the bore gets dirty. Where did you hear that?

I've always heard it. It has proved true with almost every pistol I've ever owned. Do some research on it. Cold clean bores do not shoot true (usually). One of the oldest hunting tricks in the book.

I have been shooting almost 15 years 10 of which with the military. I've got to tell you I have never ever heard someone say that a clean bore doesn't shoot poa until the bore gets dirty. Where did you hear that?

My precision gun log has clean bore zero, cold bore zero, oiled bore zero, and a dirty bore zero. All are different, and all are repeatable.

I have all of them documented because that's what my instructor taught me to do.

Clean bore and cold bore are two different things. As you shoot your clean cold bore becomes your hot dirty bore. Just a thought. And clearance I'm sure your a super sniper we all should aspire to be someday.

He's right...Although the difference can be negligible. A clean, cold bore will shoot to a different POI than a warm, fouled bore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom