How to pick a muzzle for a .308?

No. Fluid dynamics. These were heavily engineered. If you get your hands on one, that a close look at the ports.

The vast majority of breaks just cut ports into the side. The apa is far from that. Also, there are two holes per port to open up. And, they are on the sides and angled out so as not to blast gas straight up in the scope line.
Well that's good for following your bullet track if indeed the recoil is mitigated
Enough you pick it up.
I have been reading a lot of so called best Muzzle brakes and I don't even see this one on there. Maybe cost is the reason. I don't have a problem spending the money if it works. Mine was 125 dollars and then I had to pay him an additional 25 to machine it out to 3/4×24. I think total was about 160 and some change for shipping and all. So really the difference in price is not an issue. I might have to pick up one and try it out. You can never have to much recoil management.

The only problem I have with that brake is it is almost 4 inches long. That turns my short bull barrel into a 22 inch gun. One of the main reasons I went with the 18 inch bull barrel to keep it shorter while maintaining.maximum accuracy over a longer period of time. I may still try it but it sure is long, 3 & 1/2 inches.

The only problem I have with that brake is it is almost 4 inches long. That turns my short bull barrel into a 22 inch gun. One of the main reasons I went with the 18 inch bull barrel to keep it shorter while maintaining.maximum accuracy over a longer period of time. I may still try it but it sure is long, 3 & 1/2 inches.
The whole "shorter is more accurate" is bunk. See how many BR, F class or PRS rigs run short tubes. Only real reasons for shorter barrels is weight and maneuverability/transportability. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Everything with firearms is a tradeoff in some shape or form.

The whole "shorter is more accurate" is bunk. See how many BR, F class or PRS rigs run short tubes. Only real reasons for shorter barrels is weight and maneuverability/transportability. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Everything with firearms is a tradeoff in some shape or form.
That's why I got the shorter barrel is for better maneuverability not for more accuracy. I wanted to keep the barrel from heating up so quick as well. I think a pencil barrel would heat up to quick and open up my groups. Even my barrel starts opening up after so many rounds.

Back
Top Bottom