How to pick a muzzle for a .308?

I'll second the little bastard. I shot Jared's 300WM when he was developing it and the reduction was down to .243 recoil.

But get a can. Quiet, reduced recoil, maybe boosted velocity and better accuracy. Only downsides are weight and length.

So a can is the over all best way to go from what I’m seeing?
For a hunting rifle - yes. For a long range gun, no. You want to keep that rifle steady so you can follow trace and spot your hits and misses. A good brake is much more effective than a can. I shoot both a fair amount. Shoot a fair amount of long range as well. A GOOD brake is impressive. Not all brakes are created equal or anywhere near equal.

For a hunting rifle - yes. For a long range gun, no. You want to keep that rifle steady so you can follow trace and spot your hits and misses. I good brake is much more effective than a can. I shoot both a fair amount. Shoot a fair amount of long range as well. A GOOD brake is impressive. Not all brakes are created equal or anywhere near equal.
Which brake would you personally consider to be the best for recoil and muzzle rise reduction?

I have one of these for a 308
if I can find it, you can have it for $40.00 if that helps.

Back
Top Bottom