• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I'm pumped! New rifle coming soon.

It's not a question of fixing. It's always about the quest for perfection. There is always room for improvement. I am completely happy with the results. However, why not try to improve. It probably won't be much maybe a .010 but it will give me reason to experiment and tinker. I might not improve at all. With shelf ammo I have always seen room for improvement with most other loads. I do agree it's probably won't improve at all but why not try. It's better than just stamping out shells for no other reason than having them. I am in no hurry to start. I mean those are pretty damn good results.

Those results where done with Federal Gold Medal Match Sierra OTM. I had a guy at the range say there is no improving on those cartridges. I just want to see if he was right.

It's not a question of fixing. It's always about the quest for perfection. There is always room for improvement. I am completely happy with the results. However, why not try to improve. It probably won't be much maybe a .010 but it will give me reason to experiment and tinker. I might not improve at all. With shelf ammo I have always seen room for improvement with most other loads. I do agree it's probably won't improve at all but why not try. It's better than just stamping out shells for no other reason than having them. I am in no hurry to start. I mean those are pretty damn good results.

Those results where done with Federal Gold Medal Match Sierra OTM. I had a guy at the range say there is no improving on those cartridges. I just want to see if he was right.
Oh, I agree completely and do exactly the same thing with most of my rifles. With that said, 0.4 from any semi is outstanding accuracy. Hell, it's great accuracy from any rifle other than purpose built benchrest rifles. Great job on the build and we're just messing with you. :boink:

Case in point this is a target of Hornady A-Max 110 grain 6.8 shelf ammo. Vs. hand loaded shells with the same 110 grain Hornady pojectiles. The middle is the shelf ammo. The four corners are the reloads. I shot these ( every shot on the target ) off the sled just for the sake of eliminating variables.
20170916_112513.jpg

Case in point this is a target of Hornady A-Max 110 grain 6.8 shelf ammo. Vs. hand loaded shells with the same 110 grain Hornady pojectiles. The middle is the shelf ammo. The four corners are the reloads. I shot these off the sled just for the sake of eliminating variable.View attachment 1318876
fine shooting there

Post those pics up for us all to slobber over. I am thinking of getting a Bergara in 6.5 Creedmore. I might go the HMR I am not exactly sure yet. Right now I am finishing a DMR 5.56 and I am ordering a Match Set of Multi Cal receivers just incase and then I am going to get the Bergara. I am a member of River Bend Gun Club and they have 600 yard matches and the goal is to hit the 12 ring in the middle of a 72 inch target. All are welcome. Hell I have a AR10 .308 that shoots .385 or .425 I get that and my 6.8 confused, so I can use that until I obtain my 6.5 Creedmore. I see you live in Sandy Springs. How easy would it be for you to take a sick day during the week. The reason I ask is I am a member of River Bend Gun Club and we could take it up there and hit the 200 yard range and sight it in. It is deserted on during the weekdays and about 5 people are on 300-500 acres of ranges. So it's basically mine on a weekday. My kids are in school and I usually leave around 6:30 and get there when it's cool. Say the word and we will go. We can find somewhere to meet and I can drive us up. It's a beautiful range. You might want to bring a handgun or two. Knocking down plates is a blast. No pun intended. We can tune them up and then hit that 600 yard event on the weekend. LETS DOOO IT!

Back
Top Bottom