• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is everyone’s money real tight right now?

That's what s.......nevermind.
Screenshot_20230523-201945.png

I have always been cheap when it comes to spending money unless it for my Dogs or Grandchildren. I have been saving money for one of those Biker Buy, Swap n Trade events. I always get something nice from these events. Plus, talking to the ODT guys and smoking Cigars make my year.

I feel very fortunate. We paid EVERYTHING off a few years back (including cards) so we are sitting ok as far as I can see. I can’t drive or work because of medical issues but the wife is still at it. But we still have 5 paid for vehicles , a paid for house, no real credit card debt and she is doing her best to keep everything debt free right now. I applaud her tremendously. If I get back to the point I can bring in some $$ again I would feel a lot better about it but I damned sure think it could be a hell of a lot worse than it is for us right now. So we are being careful and trying to just keep the head above the water so to speak and not let our guard down. It did take a bunch of hard work to get here.

What a deal. A beautiful wife and she works. How did we get so lucky?

What a deal. A beautiful wife and she works. How did we get so lucky?
F**k if I know !! Lol. ….. I damned sure don’t deserve it . The one I have is a God given jewel. I could not ask for better, well, maybe a little in the ‘wild thing‘ side but that’s ok. We are getting older and have had our days ! LMAO 🤣

Edit : case in point…. It’s 5:30 am and she is getting ready to head to work for a 10+hr day, including shopping for the house I bet. (And we aren’t spring chickens)

We cut back on our spending. BUT house has some bad trim wood on front and around, HOA is pushing us to the corner. So we will have to do some fixing and a painting job, which will swallow $5k easily. There goes the savings...

But I will still throw a NICE giveaway this week!!!:becky::becky::becky::becky::becky:
I’m in same boat.
My flow of “fun money” has dramatically decreased to almost zero over the last 18-24 months….
Currently I Don’t have any extra cash to set on fire, but we’re being forced to replace our rotted-out retaining wall. I don’t know what to do or how to pay for it.

Just got a call from a big player in Atlanta for commercial and residential development. He just told me to prepare for a massive slow down. He is in the know and connected to big money and if that big money is being choked off, he’s the first to know.
Damn just damn

A lot of people who are doing pretty well financially are probably pushing back some major purchases. Why sell your house to buy another one at a higher interest rate? Why overpay for a new vehicle if a little bit of maintenance will keep your current car running for another year or two? Appliances still working? Then no need to "upgrade" them right now. Many people are being cautious these days, I think, and waiting.

If you were barely making ends meet before, I'd imagine just going to the grocery store is a daunting experience these days.
I've been quite the thrifty shopper the last few years. I paid my last vehicle off a few months ago, its nice not having 800.00 payments. I can't remember the last time I didn't have a payment, I used to keep fairly new vehicles until the insane prices hit. There's too much **** on new vehicles these days. for me less is more. I few more grand on a couple of 0% credit card and my ass is debt ****ing free! I find myself repairing things if possible vs tossing it for a new one. Lots of repurposing theses days for me as well.

Back
Top Bottom