• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is it even possible to get your child their first vehicle for a few thousand dollars?

Either you go see @Labowski or @Northgagunman and take your pick from their ample selection ( they have a Windstar newer than mine for way cheap and a Hyundai Accent even cheaper) or you find an auction where the city/county/state vehicles go through. If you're willing to ride to middle GA then T Lynn Davis is your best bet. Plenty of late model Crown Vic cop cars going through there every week. Not to mention every other public service type vehicle.
Where is this place at?

Sold for 2600.
Some say the transmissions go out in them, but, this one shifted great.
Otherwise it had all the options.

https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/item-gone-fs-2700-acura-vtec.1405076/

I picked this one up on here for 1000
Not exactly practical for a daily driver, but I've put 1k miles on it so far basically as bought.
20170320_143653.jpg

(Also, put the number in the search field to see if they have other listings on CL. Maybe even take out the () or - as dealers' other listings can be found that way)

Her budget at the ripe old age of 17 is $3000. Dependable, reliable and safe top the list of must haves. Working A/C would be nice but not R12 system.
There are lots of frogs as you say. I looked at an Integra that was actually a nice car for a 96 but the guy failed to mention the check engine light stayed on. He claimed it was an O2 sensor.

Integra's have very high insurance premiums,and honestly aren't all that safe. I've owned 4 of them in my younger days.

Her budget at the ripe old age of 17 is $3000. Dependable, reliable and safe top the list of must haves. Working A/C would be nice but not R12 system.
There are lots of frogs as you say. I looked at an Integra that was actually a nice car for a 96 but the guy failed to mention the check engine light stayed on. He claimed it was an O2 sensor.
Its crazy rhe type of problems people will try to explain away. Everything is an "easy fix" but the seller is never willing to fix any of it. Every inoperable A.C. just "needs a recharge".

Swimming through the sewer of scammers on Craigslist is frustrating. Like this idiot!

Hi,

I'm emailing you regarding the 2005 Toyota Corolla S that I have for sale. It is in perfect condition, with no need for any additional repairs. Flawless exterior condition, no scratches and no dents. It has never been involved in an accident. The interior is in very good condition, also the exterior. No accidents, Clear Title, great mileage: 84.453 and Automatic Transmission. The price for the car is $1,000(including free delivery and handling to your address).
I'm selling this car because my child of only 26 years died 2 months ago in a bike accident, the car belonged to my son and it brings me bad memories and that's the reason I want to sell it. "real tear jerker of a story for effect"
Make this deal through eBay's Buyer Protection Program.

Follow up from Alice Hudson?
Hi again,

The car is stored with all the paperwork in eBay warehouse number 16,in San Jose,CA headquarters in container,sealed and ready for delivery. The transaction will be made thru eBay because they can protect both of us and they also offer 10 days inspection period. You'll have 10 days to test/drive the car before decided to keep it or not. If the vehicle is not like I described you'll ship it back on my expense and they will give you a full refund. eBay will hold the funds until you receive the car with all the papers work. Only after you confirm them that you wanna keep it they will release me the funds. In this way you will be able to inspect the vehicle before committing to buy it.
Thank you!

Then there are the not so honest private citizens who place n ad that says the vehicle has no mechanical problems. Talk to the guy and then make the drive 40 miles south to FL. Get there and fire it up and the engine has obvious bearing noise and the guy tells me "it's been doing that since I bought it 3yrs ago". Ok jackass I pass and thanks for wasting my time.

Some people's children are complete idiots!
cleardot.gif

I have a buddy who runs a used Car Dealership in Gainesville. If, you need his information let me know, I can be there if you show up. Just, let me know.

I have a close friend who runs/owns NASH Chevrolet ill check with him also got another friend with small car lot,ill ask around for an odt brother.

Its crazy rhe type of problems people will try to explain away. Everything is an "easy fix" but the seller is never willing to fix any of it. Every inoperable A.C. just "needs a recharge".
Lol,thats the best excuse.if it needs charged,you got a leak and 9out of 10 compressors are shot.

I have a buddy who runs a used Car Dealership in Gainesville. If, you need his information let me know, I can be there if you show up. Just, let me know.

Thank you very much for the offer Sir. I am 3 miles from the Florida border and Gainesville is about a 10hr round trip ride. Thanks again though.

Back
Top Bottom