• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is my gun stolen?

This was the first time I had a number checked, and the Leo said there should be something on his computer,even if it wasn't stolen. Maybe it was his first time too.

The officer doesn't sound much like he has ran many guns on the computer before. And as far checking into weapons, it never hurts, but it a personal choice that is yours to make. The thing to remember is a gun can be legally purchased from a pawnshop or store that does trades and be reported after the transaction was completed. Sometimes it takes a little while for people to realize they have stuff stolen.

exactly correct, most know what they learn in the academy, very few are really into guns ............
Which kinda surprises me. If i were a leo (and not into guns to begin with) i'd get into them seeing as it could very easily become a life vs death situation relying on it

i think its bullcrap i have to ask a cop to check if a gun is stolen. id like to be able to check on my own before i buy a gun without having to worry about the government coming down on me for any number of BS charges

Back
Top Bottom