• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

IT Stocks

WallsGa

Wolf Icon Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
342   0
Reaction score
What are y’all looking at for AI stocks for the next year? SMCI and NVDA are the 2 I’ve been watching specifically. Anyone else have good one?

I have traded it for 20 years, but I bought 120 shares of NVDA in 2016 for $15/sh ... Mainly because that is the graphics card I use in my gaming pc. It is taking a beating today, but doubled in the last 6 months...
I think NVDA, MSFT, Google will be good bets. I am more into ETFs rather than individual stocks...
My current holdings include SOXX for chips, QQQ, VGT and XLK for techie stuff...
Disclaimer: I am not a financial advisor, nor do I play one on TV... :p

I have traded it for 20 years, but I bought 120 shares of NVDA in 2016 for $15/sh ... Mainly because that is the graphics card I use in my gaming pc. It is taking a beating today, but doubled in the last 6 months...
I think NVDA, MSFT, Google will be good bets. I am more into ETFs rather than individual stocks...
My current holdings include SOXX for chips, QQQ, VGT and XLK for techie stuff...
Disclaimer: I am not a financial advisor, nor do I play one on TV... :p
I hope you still have NVDA sir. I cashed out to get all my money in a professionally managed fund, I’m regretting it a little bit now. Missed out on a few K profit. I know it will pay off in the long run (probably).

^^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^

I would just advise you to IGNORE the boomers. They cant properly comment what they dont understand.

To answer the OP on AI...
SMCI and NVDA are all good plays. You do need to understand that NVDA actually doesnt make chips. they are not hardware people. They outsource the making of chips. They are the owners of the intellectual property. They make royalties and licensing on all that they design. They are years ahead of their competitors on chips processing power.

I would load up on NVDA. They are literally the only game worth the price. SMCI and NVDA goes hand in hand. I wouldnt care to buy both. I would just buy NVDA. what happens to NVDA will happen to SMCI....sorta

AI will require more than just chips...
I would highly recommend at stocks that will use more and more computing software
1) Google
2) MSOFT
3) Tesla

Apple has literally thrown in the towels on two fronts:
1) AI chatbots. They have given into Gemini usage, which is owned by google
2) Self driving: Yes you heard it right. You need AI and machine learning, which is heavily favored and worked on by TESLA. If appled pulled out of the robotaxi and self driving and cars altogether, this leaves TSLA as the only company ahead of its peers. A couple of years back, TESLA moved away from NVDA and started to make their own chips

Google's largest threat is AI. it's fair to say Google is the goto for search on the internet. Aside from the obvious, Google biggest threat is the fact that people dont use google search if they can just ask SIRI, Alexa, Chat GPT and AI for all things internet related. So they have vested interest in acquiring companies that are in the AI space and hiring the talent away to keep the threat at bay. So buy google while it is relatively cheap compared to its peers

MSFT offers suite of softwares that bridges into AI. For this reason, MSFT is a buy. It's clear MSFT owns the largest share of corporate america with it's softwares all loaded in user's hands. Outlook, word, excel, powerpoint, access, sharepoint, MS Teams. This is literally a monopoly. So I highly recommend you add MSFT to your holdings as no one will knock them off the pedestal

AMZN...They rule as we no longer can live without them. Amazon prime, prime movies, free shipping, cloud computing, storage and amzn web services. You gotta lock this in for the long term.

This is where I would park all my monies for the next foreseeable 20 to 30 years. A timeline that boomers dont understand

Being a boomer, I can't properly comment, but I have held the Q's for decades ... It holds those stocks in it's top 10... lmao...
I've held funds and the only realization I had was that it wasn't gonna get me to the riches. The basket of stocks in it had dogs with fleas. I could care less for them. They were a drag.

Funds and index are fine but won't get me to the finish line. I stick with what works and the demonstrated leadership in the field.

Had anyone bought apple when forest Gump said lieutenant Dan bought him some fruit company, they set.

Hell...even if u bought with iPhone 1...u be set. So as for index, it's completely useless for me.

But if that works for others...so be it

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

IF you think AI is the future look at Palo Alto Networks PANW trading at 279.08
Nice Boomer!

I love panw..I held them in 2012 thru 2019. I've come to realize cyber security is risk without the rewards. Meaning everyday someone is hacking u. And as much as we need cyber security, it only takes one breach to sink the ship. They have $6B of revenue and not whole lot of profits.

I'm good with not making profit as long as they grow...like Amazon...but they don't grow fast enough.

See chart...
7362482dec61883721845bfcd3156a49.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom