• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info

Just an idea, opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed there. I'm not sure what the point of the boiler room is, when there is plenty boiling in the open forum on a regular basis.

I believe that was the point of the boiler room; to take the crap out of the regular forums. As w/ anything else, as it grows the riff raff begin to join and cause turmoil. I have been quiet up until this point about the cry babies, smart a$$ and trouble makers, but since OS has asked for my opinion here it is. We already have rules in place to govern behavior: I think one warning and permanent ban if these already established rules are broken. I don't have a problem w/ the mods bringing it up for a vote as long as OS has the final say so. And, on a side note, it amazes me all the non supporters that are complaining about a free site that OS and the mods have put their time and/or money into setting up for us to enjoy a hobby/lifestyle. The site is FREE we have no right to complain and ***** about how OS runs HIS site. Just my most humble opinion...

Exactly. There are a handful of folks here that know the "rules" better than anyone and they constantly push them. I have no problem with banning a jackass - nor should anyone that is a valued member of this site...

But what if a majority decide YOU , are the jackass ?

To prevent this site from becoming what happened to gon- there were too many rules and guess why- from certain types that want to be jerks and cause problems and it got so ridiculous they made rules about breathing.
Some people will push all day long to get their jollies, why should the mods and members have to be constantly burdened with that mess?

I'd like a mod to individually be able to put someone on probation without a lot of fuss. If no more problems in a certain time frame, probation repealed. If further problems the BAN time. Banning would be OS or group mods.

I think this is good , you should look hard at this.

I really don't think you guys know how bad you would have to screw up to to convince the majority of the Mods to vote to ban. I would hate to ban anyone personally, but I have been irritated to the point of voting yes before.

IN a perfect world a Mod's only job would be to move threads where they need to be and delete 3 day repost rules. Just generally keep the site running smooth. You can imagine that having to referee grown men's arguments day after day can get under your skin a little. I will however do it and not complain because I love this site and will do whatever it takes to keep it growing and running smoothly.

I really don't care either way. What ever decision is made is fine with me!

I don't think it should be up for vote, not because I don't trust the mods to do the right thing but because this whole thing is becoming an issue because of a few people. O Steve knows who these folks are and I think they should be temporarily banned because of the crap they have caused the last few weeks. I think mods should recommend and point out trouble makers to Steve for him to decide. If Steve gets recommendations from multiple mods then I think he has his vote without formally asking for one.

I also think several of them should be banned from the boiler room as an initial punishment and warned not to start their same crap in regular threads. I also wouldn't mind seeing a minimum post count before people are admitted to the boiler room so these people don't come here just to cause trouble.

Sorry vanguard, but being in the boiler room doesn't mean you can be an a**hole.
It's the A**hole behavior, not the topics or arguing that are the problem all over the site, not limited to the boiler room.

Well I don,t act like a a-hole in any part of the forum so I don,t care, It has been made VERY CLEAR that talking about Jesus , God, or the bible is only allowed in the boiler room' so that is one reason to have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom