• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Just an idea, opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The purpose of this entire thread deals with how the owner of this site should deal with jackasses that try to take over the forum and run off good people. Vanguard just had to inject his religion into it and other folks brought the boiler room into it. Neither deals with the real issue of what to do with folks that continuously try to turn this place into something THEY think it should be. I'm engaged in this thread as I think it's important that jackasses be banned and permanently removed. Since Vanguard decided to inject religion, as he ALWAYS does, I commented...

As opposed to what you think it should be? Most of us love this site. You don't seem to. If you are so unhappy, leave. It's that simple.

And I've already stated that I kind of agree with you. I do think that people should be banned. I just don't think it should be up to the mods.

Just wanted to test the waters on an idea I've had for a while.

Would you have a problem with moderators having the ability to "vote out" members of the site? I figure if someone is causing problems but isn't breaking any rules a moderator could bring it up for a vote and if a majority of the mods vote for banning, then a temporary ban is given to that member. If it happens a second time, a longer ban, and a third time, a permanent ban. And if there's a tie, I'll be the tie breaker vote.

I'd also be willing to allow everyone else to vote a moderator out of their position, someone could bring it up for a vote, then whatever the site decides is what happens.

What do you think?

makes sense to me...if there are truly people in here who serially do nothing to contribute...

As opposed to what you think it should be? Most of us love this site. You don't seem to. If you are so unhappy, leave. It's that simple.

And I've already stated that I kind of agree with you. I do think that people should be banned. I just don't think it should be up to the mods.

I come here to trade guns - and I do it often. It pisses me off that good folks that I used to deal with frequently left this site due to jackasses. I believe a lot of us have seen good people leave and when that happens it is a bad thing...

Why don't you join a religious forum and preach 24 hours a day? Seriously, why try to inundate a gun forum with scripture? If I want to discuss religion, I go to church...

Why? Why? BECAUSE I love guns and shooting and repairing them and I am learning to be a gunsmith and I am A minister and a christian, just like some people are perverts and can talk about things they love or some people are atheist and talk about the big bang or how they feel the world was made' or some people talk about drinking or smoking pot '....BECAUSE they have the right to talk about the way they live and what they believe in, and so do I. I do not condemn any body for what they believe or do.

Last edited:
Congratulation's, I hope it does very well . I have been to Hinesville,in the mid 70's. Great place, Has it changed much since then? I hope not.

I've only lived here for a couple of years, Marietta before that. I suspect any town with 25,000 soldiers stays pretty much the same...

And, on a side note, it amazes me all the non supporters that are complaining about a free site that OS and the mods have put their time and/or money into setting up for us to enjoy a hobby/lifestyle. The site is FREE we have no right to complain and ***** about how OS runs HIS site.

Couldn't have been said any better.

I've only lived here for a couple of years, Marietta before that. I suspect any town with 25,000 soldiers stays pretty much the same...

I suppose you are right, But it has to be better than Marietta LOL! Good luck with your site, Thank you for your service and may God Bless you Sir.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom