• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

LEO Encounter

SMH!!!!

You TOTALLY blew it!

Not once did you ask him if he was an ODTer!

;)

Nice lil Meet-n-Greet on the side of the road. Ya dun good bro!

Good for you, I was expecting one of those "I have the right to carry don't you question me" type of encounters we so often see posted here.

Actually, you should have stood there screaming "Am I Free to Go"...

/sarcasm

If you treat LEOs as your enemy - don't be surprised if they act like your enemy. You can be 100% correct and still take the ride and lose your time (and money if you have to involve a lawyer). I wouldn't post this at GPDO though, you may get banned...

Last edited:
I was pulled over once when Dekalb PD once and has he walked up to the car to ask for my docs I handed him my GWL and told him I was carrying. He asked when I said at about 4 oclock. He said he wanted to remove my weapon to which I agreed. He unloaded it and placed it in the side case on his motorcycle. After he checked me out he handed back my docs with the gun and the mag separately and sent me on my way. I know you have a right to refuse but I think in most cases you complying with the officer is going to be to your benefit. Worst case you get a ticket that you already deserved in the first place.

The only time I give flack or become standoffish is when they demand I open the safe welded to my floorboard. If they ask what it's for I have no issue but when they demand I demand a warrant.

Back
Top Bottom