• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Most $$$ you've put into a gun over time.

I paid good coin for a “RARE” Dan Wesson 1911 a few years back, I wont admit the number….But actual value is very likely 5 to 6 times what I paid. In my heart, closer to 10 times what I paid. Absolute bucket list pistol that came to me from a seller here on ODT. It will be in my will.

I paid good coin for a “RARE” Dan Wesson 1911 a few years back, I wont admit the number….But actual value is very likely 5 to 6 times what I paid. In my heart, closer to 10 times what I paid. Absolute bucket list pistol that came to me from a seller here on ODT. It will be in my will.
geezer geezer which rare DW? I don't know much about their exclusive stuff but have owned a few in my day

I was introduced to centerfire benchrest years back and caught the group shooting bug then a couple years later I started rimfire benchrest. I don’t like to think about what I’ve spent on rifles/barrels/ammo and I’m ashamed that I have as much money in front rests as I do. Before I started doing most of the work myself I’d end up with about $3k in a rifle.

Probably no more than a couple hundred over cost of weapon. I try to get one close to what I want to start with. I've worked for and helped gun dealers and have gotten some really good deals on stuff. Ammo is the most expensive thing. Of course this doesn't include cost of scopes along the way. If I can't recoup cost of scope, I'll take it off and keep it and or put it on something else

Mods on my Gubmint model .45 AARP… few years back…

IMG_2920.jpeg

Rifle, stock, rings/base, scope, sling, limited gunsmith work. That can add up quick. But mostly broken up over time.

One shot expense? Probably sending a BHP to Novak’s for customization.

A BAR anniversary addition I bought from Barrows several years ago. It still isn’t near what many here have spent but all total was around 1800 including scope. Did take my best buck with it 👍

Back
Top Bottom