• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need advice - car accident

y'all should take note of this dumb advice and perhaps note who wrote it and who liked it. Suggesting dishonesty might want you to think about dealing with these people as well.
As someone who was unable to work for an entire year recovering from an accident. My attorney certainly screwed me over and as someone who experienced the hard way the steep learning curve involved with navigating the bodily injury phase of injury sustained in a vehicle accident.

I would hazard that the OP probably sustained some injuries if there was in fact between $7K to $10K vehicle damage.

My DUMB KNOWLEDGE was acquired with a very hefty price tag.

I think in these situations you should call people who know something about it. Lawyers, lawyers, and so on. Then it will be easier to understand the situation. It's just that accidents happen very often and for different reasons. If you are guilty of an accident, it is best to call your lawyer, also if you were driving while intoxicated, it is already considered a criminal offense. Ottawa Criminal Lawyers have already helped many people in accident situations. They can help you get your sentence reduced, and tell you how to proceed and what you need to do. They can also help you gather evidence to prove your innocence if you are innocent.

I think in these situations you need to call people who know something about it. Lawyers, lawyers, and so on. Then it will be easier to understand the situation.
When I testified in court against the guy who hit me. The judge publicly admonished the lawyer representing my insurance company for my uninsured motorist settlement as completely inappropriate and inadequate. I was unemployed and unemployable for a year entirely due to motorcycle injuries.

What does that tell you about what a great job my lawyers did? Not all lawyers are created equeal, and you would do well to get as much information as possible.

If you don’t know what their game is. How can you do anything but loose?

When I testified in court against the guy who hit me. The judge publicly admonished the lawyer representing my insurance company for my uninsured motorist settlement as completely inappropriate and inadequate. I was unemployed and unemployable for a year entirely due to motorcycle injuries.

What does that tell you about what a great job my lawyers did? Not all lawyers are created equeal, and you would do well to get as much information as possible.

If you don’t know what their game is. How can you do anything but loose?
Most attorneys are actually not good at what they do. That's why the good ones are so well payed. And why there is an obscene number of PIA's. They can't cut it as a lawyer or attorney at a respectable position, so they take the bar 7 times to pass and start their own PI firm.

I think in these situations you need to call people who know something about it. Lawyers, lawyers, and so on. Then it will be easier to understand the situation.
Last time we got rear ended I called one of the big name billboard lawyers. BLUF - they only care if someone is injured and the other party has deep pockets.

I was sideswiped years ago by a young female driving a small car. She had swerved to miss a car broken down on the side of the road in a curve. My insurance company told me to go ahead and get my truck fixed and they would recoup my deductible from the other drivers company. Little did I know the other driver (and the driver of the broken down car) also had the same company that I did. I never got reimbursed
My 2019 Outback is jinxed - it has been hit three times by other at fault drivers. Body shop is on speed dial along with USAA. Getting good at this process - better than I ever wanted to be. Last time rear ended by a GMC cadet at intersection in Milledgeville (I was sitting still at the light). Both of us have USAA. USAA tried to charge me my $1000 deductible and I explained real quick that the "other" USAA driver was at fault and they could pay the deductibles, etc. It got settled in my favor but if I had not spoke up USAA would have stuck me with that $1000 charge. Is USAA crooked (maybe - not good as they were 40 years ago when I started) or their staff just confused? You better know your policy and do not assume the insurance will "do the right thing".

PS - if your car has 100,000+ miles, just assume it will be totaled. On all my recent claims, first question is "100,000+ miles?".

Most attorneys are actually not good at what they do. That's why the good ones are so well payed. And why there is an obscene number of PIA's. They can't cut it as a lawyer or attorney at a respectable position, so they take the bar 7 times to pass and start their own PI firm.
My first experience with this BS was 30+ Years ago. Well Before the internet.

How to know what to know? Lack of knowledge can be really expensive.

I was oblivious on what to do or how to do it. My brother called his girlfriend who worked at a CPA office that shared space with a lawyer. She called the girl who ran the front office for the lawyer and set me up for an appointment the following Monday morning.

Knowing absolutely nothing I was clueless.

If anybody needs a heads up on how this BS really works. I’m open to a phone call. I’m not going to post it all here. That would be a thin book full of information.

Back
Top Bottom