• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need advice - car accident

Insurance companies are right up there with Banks in assets vs liabilities, with the primary driver being inflation. They may just stonewall you (pun not intended but relevant), until you give up as repair costs have at least doubled since turtlehead was installed.

About a week ago, I was rear-ended in my truck, the other driver (young female on her phone) cliped me and was issued a ticket. She didn't produce insurance info at the time, the cop said it'll be available on the report. I contacted my insurance, they were able to get the report and gave me her insurance details. After a week of getting the run-a-round by them, they said she was uninsured, her policy was canceled due to lack of payment. My insurance said they'll cover it, but I need to cough up the deductible ($1K), I still need an estimate. I expected her company to deal with that.
Do I contact her and press legal actions? Or see if she makes good on the damages?
The downside is she's from Arizona and might have skipped town already. Her car got the worst of it, barely drivable and I expect between $7K to $10K damage.
Contact the officer that wrote the ticket and send them the letter from the ins company , hopefully the cop will issue some expensive tickets to them for driving without insurance .

Insurance companies are right up there with Banks in assets vs liabilities, with the primary driver being inflation. They may just stonewall you (pun not intended but relevant), until you give up as repair costs have at least doubled since turtlehead was installed.

There is a monetary sweet spot where the vehicle owner will take the money and run if the vehicle is still drivable. The insurance companies are well aware of this because they did the studies, and exploit it with every claim.

Back
Top Bottom