• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Newer Nissan Frontier Trucks

I just can't wrap my head around them. Prices back in 2018 and 2019. ZR2 was 37-40k. Z771 Colorado was 33-35k. New ford rangers were 45k for the lariat.

At the same thing full size trucks with discounts were the same price really. New Limited tundra was 39k (now its 49k).

Small trucks are cool, but don't see how their worth the same price as a full size. (I know they make less) but still the avg person who needs a decent truck really don't want to spend 35-40k.

Where is my 20k small trucks? Loaded 30k should be the top end IMHO.

Or maybe I"m just cheap now after I had a bad experience with one.

My issue is, the colorado or ranger won't pull a trailer like the Nissian, its rated at 6750 lbs, the colorado at 3500 lbs and the ranger makes it to 7500 with a V8

Well, I pulled the trigger on the 4X Pro, 2022 models halted unknown period, factories shut down for now.
2.jpg
3.jpg

The issue with the frontier (Cheapest) its super old with hardly any changes. The refresh supposed to be coming soon. I don't' know about others, but who wants a 15 year truck design if their buying a new one now? You keep the truck 10 years and wow its really old.

Looks like the 2022 frontier should be refreshed if they dont' delay it.

https://www.motor1.com/news/485939/2022-nissan-frontier-debut/

Colorado has metal bed and lot more power than the Tacoma. It however has a long of other issues (8 speed issues and AC issues with the new 134YF).

If your serious about off road, the ZR2 is the only one with front and rear locker with the awesome struts/shocks........

The price on these are just crazy for a small truck. What I noticed one was 4 adults "American" sized just can't be comfortable in these trucks.

I have a huge list of things in the Colorado for the 2018 that they need to fix..........

No heated steering wheel (came out in 2019)

No cooled Seats

No blinkers in mirror(really this is a great safety feature and many older cars have them much less a 2018)

No vents for rear passenger (if you have 4 doors, upper level trim needs to have rear vents)

No dual climate control (my dads 03 silverado W/T and my 2002 impala base had it as well, so 16 years later on the upper level trim you dont’ have it?)

Auto climate control sucks (AC kicks on but the AC light doesn't illuminate)

No push button start

No blind spot monitoring (tacoma has BSM)

No HID headlights (no fogs either on the ZR2)

Lack of leg and thigh support

Driver side does not have “oh crap” handle

Screen does not pop up like most all over GM’s with this same screen (great for storing crap in it)

Door storage is horrible

Wireless charging does not hold bigger phones

No home Link

2002 Dodge RAM had better brakes with 20”s, need to increase braking equipment

Poor FM reception on radio compared to past vehicles

NO led lights in cabin

No locking box like on silverado in the lower center console (in 2018)

No Brembo brake option (should be standard on zr2 with larger tires)

Light sensor for headlights is poor compared to my 99-03 chevy vehicles

no rain sensoring wipers

WOW.......... Total opposite for me.....but I have the 09 XE short wheel base. Cali and back no problem !00 plus though Texas , working solar valley Going back and fourth to Hanford easy !00 when we could for a year. Had to replace the upstream cat have to do it again today due to trying to save a buck and bought a cheap one. I pulled my fat but around for 222000mi hauled 100 gal fuel tanks, welding machine's etc....
I keep fresh oil in it and have flushed the tranny three time's over the years. Bought it new and would do it again in a min

I'm not saying it wouldn't run forever, but I just hated everything about the truck.

Back
Top Bottom