• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

NOT so accurate sniper rifles...........

IMG_3885.JPG
IMG_3884.JPG
IMG_3887.JPG
Can't wait to try the .257 Roberts.
Love this round.

You have no background, experience, or training in military or LE Sniping matters.......please correct me if I am wrong in this.

You're going to tell me what a Sniper rifle should be capable of? I wouldn't tell you what kind of word processor to write your books on, and I wouldn't tell my mechanic that he's using the wrong tools. Why? I know to restrict my statements to matters I know about.......or, as we say in the Corps, I stay in my lane.

Governing bodies such as NTOA and IALEFI, as well as others, have set the standard that an LE Sniper rifle needs to be capable of 1MOA or better accuracy with the proper ammunition. Every single LE Sniper school I have attended or taught holds to a 1MOA standard. When I received my Police CounterSniper Instructor certification from Blackwater International, that was the standard that we were trained to use to certify students as Police CounterSnipers.

NTOA and IALEFI (International Association of Law Enforcement Firearms Instructors, of which I am a member) have been called into court on thousands of occasions to testify for or against officers/agencies. The courts take judicial notice when these organizations testify on matters within their bailiwick. They are recognized as the subject matter experts. For instance, when Cobb Co PD had 2 SWAT officers killed in the line of duty when making entry on a barricaded gunmen, NTOA was brought in to testify to the court on how the entire SWAT callout should have been conducted. The court used the NTOA's testimony as the perfect standard and then compared Cobb Co PD's actions to this "yardstick" to see if it measured up.

Is there documentation written by these governing bodies (NTOA, IALEFI, ASA, etc.) that state this FACT. Dang skippy there is. Will I huntit down to win an internet argument with someone who has very little grasp of what they are talking about? Dang skippy I won't. If one of my students was being charged criminally, or sued civilly, and I was called in to testify, I would lay my hands on all that documentation and present it to the relevant court. Since I'm not being subpoenaed, and I ain't getting paid to testify, I'm not about to go through that kind of search.

I have testified in court on previous occasions on matters pertaining to LE Sniping and Sniper Training and on every occasion was vetted by the court and recognized as a Subject Matter Expert. So, I guess you could say that makes my statement on the matter a "fact" and not an "opinion". Due to one of the cases I testified in, I've been called in on more than one occasion to be on FOX News as a subject matter expert on Sniping matters, both military and LE.
That was so damn righteous dude. Que the mic drop...

Yep, I have a temper and yep, I take pride in what I do. I'm too old a dog to sugar coat things and I'm a definite A-type personality. I was not aware this was a forum where men couldn't act like men. I've spent my life in the types of work where confrontation, oftentimes physical, was the main part of my job. I guess if I worked in a safe space where I battled with words and there were no physical consequences of my verbal actions, I would behave differently.

Anyways, I'm still over here, driving in my lane. Never left it.

PS: The fact that I've been in Africa the last several days, and am still currently there, ain't helped my mood much.

Pardon me if I, as a well-trained and experienced professional, take offense when someone with 0 of the background/training/experience I have tells me I'm wrong. I would not expect anyone in any other line of work to behave any differently.

Yep, I have a temper and yep, I take pride in what I do. I'm too old a dog to sugar coat things and I'm a definite A-type personality. I was not aware this was a forum where men couldn't act like men. I've spent my life in the types of work where confrontation, oftentimes physical, was the main part of my job. I guess if I worked in a safe space where I battled with words and there were no physical consequences of my verbal actions, I would behave differently.

Anyways, I'm still over here, driving in my lane. Never left it.

PS: The fact that I've been in Africa the last several days, and am still currently there, ain't helped my mood much.
Man, I love Africa! :boink:

Anyone one ever buy a rifle that had a reputation for accuracy, but in reality is just plain sucked at life? LOL, I guess when I was younger all the movies of the "bad guys" caring Dragunov's blinded me in my failure to do research before purchasing a PSL. I purchased this 11 years ago and promptly sold it. Its in 7.62x54R , witch was quit a powerful round, and reasonably priced. Maybe is was the scope? Maybe I was right in believing it was the biggest turd I've ever owned. We will never know cause I sold it off to the first sucker that wanted it for $300 more than I paid. Good ridden..........

I'm guessing a true Dragunov is a bit more accurate than a PSL - but I might be wrong. I know my SVT is pretty damn accurate.

Back
Top Bottom