• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

NRA sells out gun owners

Sir, I hear you're disgust at the profit made but what have you done today to support the 2nd amendment? If you want to keep the gouging down fight against regulation. If not in 6 months when I'm selling GI mags for 80 bucks each don't complain.

I am a member of GOA, I contact my representatives when appropriate. I also do not play on fear and tragedy. I am not disgusted at the profits made, but the manner in which people made them. What have you done other than capatailze off the fears of others and apparently drool over the opportunity to profit over the threat to our freedoms?

I can understand not wanting to deal with the assholes who had nothing better to do than go to Walmart, academy, bass pro, you name it, and buy up all the 22lr just to sell here for a few bucks more. That was annoying as hell. But can you really blame people for selling their bumpstock that's collecting dust at their house? If silver went to 100/oz tommorow would you be pissed at everyone selling their silver? Are you Bernie Sanders supporters who think making a few bucks is evil?

A Sanders supporter? You can go cerakoat your **** and stick in a light socket. That was both a poor argument as well as a cheap shot.

Has anyone received a response from our congressman or senators? I got one from my state rep but nothing else. Please email your reps and ask them to Oppose HR3999 immediately. If anyone is interested in a protest outside the state capital PM me or reply here.

Thanks

I have not received a response from my reps but I have contacted Speaker Ryan (my Congressman was copied) and President Trump (I received an acknowledgement from the WH). Since joining the GOA, they are actively conducting letter writing campaigns to Congress and to the White House. Here's an excerpt of the body of the letter sent by the GOA to President Trump:

"I was VERY disappointed to hear that Speaker Paul Ryan is urging the administration to do a "regulatory fix" on bump stocks. There is no way that Congress -- or the administration -- will be able to ban or regulate bump stocks without also opening the door to prohibitions on other parts, accessories and
magazines. This is because all of the legislative proposals currently on the table would ban ANY item or device that helps "accelerate the rate of fire" of a semi-automatic firearm.

Using that standard, we can kiss any and all detachable magazines goodbye! The ATF already made a determination on bump stocks in 2010 -- ruling that bump stocks were not subject to federal laws regulating machine guns. Amazingly, Speaker Ryan is asking the ATF to reverse its original ruling, but the consequences for doing so would be dire.

I hope that you will urge Speaker Paul Ryan to uphold his oath of office and to STOP compromising. If any legislator wants to follow Ryan off a political cliff, they will truly regret it -- because voters "remember in November."

I and the 1.5 million supporters of Gun Owners of America will be watching very closely to what Congress and the administration does."

What you all complaining about we will still have revolvers and bolt actions.. maybe not the revolvers let's face it those wheels are rate of fire increasing devises hmm and so are magazines in bolt guns.. at least we will still have the trapdoors and falling blocks... maybe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The proposed legislation which some dems and republicans have jointly put forth, H.R. 3999, would if enacted ban any rate increasing devices including bump stocks (but you don't need a fancy bump stock to bump fire), large capacity mags, trigger jobs, red dots to zoom in on a target faster, polished bolts, even a Cerakote if it causes smoother action. Be aware that there is no standard rate of fire for a semi-auto and the speed of your trigger finger could be included as a rate increasing device! If we give in to the government's demand through legislation even just a little, we will eventually lose all rights which is the intent of the Left. "...shall not be infringed..." seems quite clear to me.

The proposed legislation which some dems and republicans have jointly put forth, H.R. 3999, would if enacted ban any rate increasing devices including bump stocks (but you don't need a fancy bump stock to bump fire), large capacity mags, trigger jobs, red dots to zoom in on a target faster, polished bolts, even a Cerakote if it causes smoother action. Be aware that there is no standard rate of fire for a semi-auto and the speed of your trigger finger could be included as a rate increasing device! If we give in to the government's demand through legislation even just a little, we will eventually lose all rights which is the intent of the Left. "...shall not be infringed..." seems quite clear to me.

Indeed and where will the line be drawn, the lever in the lever-action serves the purpose of increasing the rate of fire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

there's more than a little paranoia going around this thread.

We all know what devices would be included in the federal ban Sen. Feinstein is proposing.
Any kind of bump stock, binary trigger, two-shot trigger, tri-burst trigger, BMF trigger crank, Hellfire, and anything else that makes the gun's recoil work to force your finger to press the trigger faster than your brain could command the muscles to.

No, getting a lighter hammer or alloy firing pin to shorten "lock time" is not going to be an illegal modification, nor fiber optic sights, nor a trigger job.

And ANY gun, as it comes from the factory, could be used AS-IS.
The "rate of fire" must be INCREASED above and beyond how the gun was deigned and built at the factory.

If you keep ranting and raving about absurd hypotheticals that are not even on the same hill as the "slippery slope" of rate-of-fire enhancer bans, you play right into the Left's hands and supply them with the paintbrush that they will then use to paint you, and all of us, as NUTS. Gun NUTS. Insane, paranoid, delusional, and dangerous.

See this article for example: http://www.mahablog.com/2016/06/22/are-guns-nuts-too-mentally-ill-to-own-guns/

QUOTE: IMO an argument could be made that people ...who are militant about their unfettered right to own and carry any firearm they want are displaying behavior that ought to disqualify them from owning guns at all.

In fact, people have made that argument.

What we’re seeing is a strong correlation between pathological anger and a desire to own multiple guns. There is also a strong correlation between pathological anger and violent behavior. Therefore, the very people who are most motivated to purchase more than one high-powered weapon are the last people who ought to be purchasing high-powered weapons.

But maybe some day the American Psychiatric Association will include “gun nut disorder” in the DSM, making it an official “mental illness.” Then we can talk about a mental illness watch list.

Back
Top Bottom