• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Once again, the VA comes through for me, woohoo!

when did you get out?
I got out back in 2014 and the ATL va had all my medical info already in the system. I actually send a letter and it came back in the system. The Cobb county clinic isn’t like the Decatur location. I personal had no issues with the cobb clinic. In a few weeks I’m working on getting trt from the VA. I’ll report back on that one.

Oh, wait. No they didn't. Here's how they f'ed me this time.
Back around the first part of February, I contacted the Blairsville VA clinic and spoke with my provider, a P.A., not an M.D., and she said she wanted me to have a CT scan w/ contrast. About 5 days later, I get a call from the Cobb VA saying the earliest they could get me in was 4/17. Awesome, as usual with the VA. I went ahead and accepted the appointment. A couple days before the appointment I call to reschedule the appointment because I had something come up at work I couldn't get out of. I asked for a location a little closer to me, but would go to Cobb if necessary. They told me I needed to reschedule with Community Care and sent a message to my provider. Her witch of a nurse messaged me with an incredibly snarky email asking who ordered this in the first place and why did I need Community Care? I replied "Your boss ordered it, and I have no idea why Cobb VA said I needed Community Care. She said she looked it up, and her boss, in fact, did order it. She said she would contact Cobb VA and find out why I needed CC.

Cobb VA called me last week and said "The reason you need CC is #1, we don't do that test in this clinic, so had you driven all the way here, we would have turned you away. #2, if you have it done at the VA hospital in ATL/Decatur, they're now scheduling for November, so you need to go to CC." How F'ing crazy is that? 7 months out, plus the original 2 months I've already waited.

Still haven't heard from CC to reschedule yet either. I cannot express to y'all how much I absolutely hate and despise the VA processes. I will say my care is actually good, but getting in to get the care is absurd.

When I called the National Archives back in October for copies of all my military records, including medical, they said there were about 35,000 requests ahead of me.
I feel your pain. Talk about records. Records?? Man I got a doozy. I requested a copy of my DD-214 from the National Records Center. I received a letter a letter telling me my records were destroyed in the great Saint Louis Record Center fire of 1971.

Well, I was born in 1967 and served 1986 to 1994. My bad for losing my original, Their bad for burning them before I 5 years of age. yes, I still have the letter.

I feel your pain. Talk about records. Records?? Man I got a doozy. I requested a copy of my DD-214 from the National Records Center. I received a letter a letter telling me my records were destroyed in the great Saint Louis Record Center fire of 1971.

Well, I was born in 1967 and served 1986 to 1994. My bad for losing my original, Their bad for burning them before I 5 years of age. yes, I still have the letter.
I think that must be a line they use a lot. I was told the same thing concerning my Army medical records. I served from 76-79. I was 12 in 1971.

Don't doubt it one bit.
I did get a call from them telling me they discovered that my active duty records from 1983-1986 cannot be found. They have record that they were shipped, by an O-4, but never received by the National Archives. So, of course that means all my medical records from the time as well.

Damn, ya'll got me wondering why I'm even trying to start a claim. I went to a V.S.O. and submitted paperwork then she told me that she was retiring and the office was closing. So I'm back on my own. I did get a letter telling me they received my application but needed to fill out another form. I do have my medical records so that's a plus, now to try and get a Nexus letter.

Georgia has their own department of veterans affairs, they can help
I went to the Georgia Department of Veterans Affairs in Canton and the lady there filed 17 claims on my behalf. Every single one of them, including the ones that are already in my medical records, showing that they occurred while I was in the reserves on active duty, and every single one of those were denied.
My next step is to find an attorney who is experienced in working VA disability claims.

I will add this though. A few weeks ago, I had to go to the emergency room at Northside Cherokee. Yesterday I got a bill in the mail showing that the cost of my ER visit was over $10,000. It also showed that my responsibility portion was $0.00

Back
Top Bottom