• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Open carry long gun in Georgia

dixieman

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
36   0
Reaction score
To legally open carry a long gun in Georgia does the barrel need to be 18 inches long? I have an AR-15 that is legally 16 inches, can I carry that openly in Georgia? I do have a carry permit

From Georgiapacking
Long gun - A firearm with a barrel length of at least 18 inches and overall length of at least 26 inches designed or made and intended to be fired from the shoulder and designed or made to use the energy of the explosive in a fixed:

Don't do it, just if you can, without a real reason, it just hurts the 2nd Adm. pro gun folks and their cause, and don't necessarily make anyone look like they are a badass, just the opposite, like I said unless there is a real reason. Like that DA that open carried his AR at the airport that set us back years just so he could "exercise" or in my opinion, abuse his rights. When SHTF, we'll all open carry since there will be a real reason, but not just cause can, cause we need or have to, permits or not.

Don't do it, just if you can, without a real reason, it just hurts the 2nd Adm. pro gun folks and their cause, and don't necessarily make anyone look like they are a badass, just the opposite, like I said unless there is a real reason. Like that DA that open carried his AR at the airport that set us back years just so he could "exercise" or in my opinion, abuse his rights. When SHTF, we'll all open carry since there will be a real reason, but not just cause can, cause we need or have to, permits or not.

Hear hear

Well put sir.

What he said!

To legally open carry a long gun in Georgia does the barrel need to be 18 inches long? I have an AR-15 that is legally 16 inches, can I carry that openly in Georgia? I do have a carry permit

From Georgiapacking
Long gun - A firearm with a barrel length of at least 18 inches and overall length of at least 26 inches designed or made and intended to be fired from the shoulder and designed or made to use the energy of the explosive in a fixed:
Interesting question. I had never noticed that discrepancy before. Of course it's not always a good idea to do this but legally speaking it does say a long gun is over 18" barrel.

http://www.lexisnexis.com/hottopics/gacode/Default.asp

Back
Top Bottom