• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Open carry long gun in Georgia

I noticed at the open carry rally at the Georgia state capitol a while back that people were carrying 16 inch AR 15s and they didn't seem to be arrested for it. I just want to know the legality.... can someone point me to the facts?

BTW I don't think I'll ever open carry my AR-15 ...I just want to know if it is legal or illegal to do so.

It's legal to piss on an electric fence. You know, just in case the need arises.

Most of these open carry rifle zealots will have their images used in the next gun ban push. Let me be the first to say "Thank you" for carrying your 3 foot long, 20 or 30 round self defense weapon around for your personal protection.

If you feel that type of weapon is necessary, maybe you just shouldn't go to that part of town??

If you are legally permitted to possess a given firearm, you are legally permitted to openly carry it anywhere you choose barring where firearms are prohibited in general. Carrying it at the low ready, pointing it at people or LEOs will result in unsatisfactory outcomes however.

Hell even in A-stan I didn't "open carry my AR" as much as I could get away with... I have no idea why anyone would ever want except when walking from your car to the range, to the woods, or to a restaurant when you don't want to leave your high dolla' gunz behind.

Anyone saying dont do it isnt truly pro 2A.

Its not about if he should or not. And frankly the fact that so many of you bow to the side that is clearly wrong and spitting in the face of those who founded this country-- is absolutely disgraceful.

To all those suffering from complacency,

heres to you!

I salute you my middle finger and hope you enjoyed the castration.

You earned it

Back
Top Bottom