• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Revolvers

My 3" gp100 is my favorite revolver.

A 3", midsize frame, 6-shot, .357 Magnum is hard to beat as an all-around EDC wheelgun! I've got a 3" S&W M13 that's my favorite. It's a bit smaller/lighter than your GP100.........but not near as strong!

Heck nah! Nothing wrong with a good wheelie as a SD handgun. They take a bit of training that is different from most semi-autos, but they are still a relevant and capable choice for EDC.

there you go.

Competently shooting a revolver takes a bit more intelligence and range time than pulling out a piece of Tupperware and blasting away 15 times. Some people have the time and intelligence, some don't.

I like how a revolver, feels, points and shoots. S&W is my druthers over any others. Wheelguns are real guns.

I think the modern police officer would be well equipped with a K frame Smith as a primary. .38 or .357 would do the job. It requires more discipline and concentration than just doing a mag dump. Old school cops were gun people. The newer breed I have seen and deal with daily are really not gun folk.

A lot of folks prefer the revolver because it’s “simpler”. I don’t believe that it is, it’s just different.

People ask me the difference between shooting a Semiauto pistol and shooting a Double Action Revolver--I tell 'em shooting the Revolver is like dancing a Minuet, while shooting the Semiauto is like marching a Goosestep--WISH I had said that first, but credit must go to former San Diego County Deputy Sheriff Elden Carl, who was one of Jeff Cooper's five original Combat Masters of the Handgun, and a helluva' shot with Semiauto OR DA Revolver!

From a Police magazine....

The Perfect SWAT Revolver

The worst thing that can happen to any law enforcement officer is to have your pistol jam when you need to use it to protect life and property. As the story goes, a police SWAT team reportedly contacted Smith & Wesson to discuss the need to arm the lead penetrator who carries the ballistic shield during tactical operations with a revolver instead of a semi-automatic pistol. The rationale behind this request was to provide a handgun to certain SWAT personnel that would not jam or malfunction, especially if the firearm made contact with the ballistic shield or any other obstruction when it was fired. In response, the Smith & Wesson Performance Center developed the Model 327 Tactical Rail Revolver in .357 Magnum with an eight-shot capacity.
Never heard of that model before. Quite the beast.

170269_01a_lg.jpg

Back
Top Bottom