• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Road name changed

Ruining everything, I went to the Police/GSP Academy on Confederate Ave near Grant Park in 73, heard they already changed the road name there because it was CONFEDERATE ave. Damnit, where will this **** end, my ancestors rolling in their graves.
Your ancestors lost and these are just their participation trophies.

But the past shouldn't be erased else history repeats.
It's a road name, not history, they change all the time.

There's tons of Confederate named stuff in the south because after the war, the living here wanted to honor their efforts, and that was fine. But the living here now get to choose the names of roads and buildings. It has no effect on me whatsoever.

And to those who feel a deep connection to their historical confederate ancestors just know that your connection can not possibly be stronger to your confederate roots than a black man's connection to his slave roots.

So if to the ones who think we need to get the **** over slavery (I completely agree), but it goes both ways, we can get the **** over the confederacy and all their lame participation trophies all over the state.

It's a road name, not history, they change all the time.

There's tons of Confederate named stuff in the south because after the war, the living here wanted to honor their efforts, and that was fine. But the living here now get to choose the names of roads and buildings. It has no effect on me whatsoever.

And to those who feel a deep connection to their historical confederate ancestors just know that your connection can not possibly be stronger to your confederate roots than a black man's connection to his slave roots.

So if to the ones who think we need to get the **** over slavery (I completely agree), but it goes both ways, we can get the **** over the confederacy and all their lame participation trophies all over the state.

I have no ancestral connection, but I appreciate the history. Road names are a way to remember history though. Someone sees the name Longstreet and wonders who that is and looks up the history, at least I do anyway.

So this road was named for a respectable, real person, Jim Crow, hower, the wokeass, guilty white folks had to signal.

Sent from my BV4900Pro using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom