• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Selling/trading firearms privately in Georgia... legal requirements.

I dont mind signing a bill of sale with my name and dl number. I'm not sure why most people are against it actually. But your crazy if you think I'm going to hand anyone I dont know my personal address.
Give me you name and dl# and I will scare you on all I can find.

One or two things will happen if a firearm is used in a crime. One, they will find the firearm that was used, and more than likely the perp is right there with it. Two, they won't find the firearm, but find the perp. Either way, they aren't going to come busting down your door. They (Leo) know who committed the crime a vast majority of the time, and it wasn't you.

Farmer_1,

I don't think anyone mentioned it in this thread, but you get a pretty thorough paper trail through the ODT listing thread and private messaging system. That should offer enough documentation to show you used due diligence and the date, time, and location of sale, plus at least a clue as to the buyer's ID.

Farmer_1,

I don't think anyone mentioned it in this thread, but you get a pretty thorough paper trail through the ODT listing thread and private messaging system. That should offer enough documentation to show you used due diligence and the date, time, and location of sale, plus at least a clue as to the buyer's ID.
Thanks for the comments, Georgia Terrapin, I appreciate it.

That is pretty much the conclusion I've come to as well, and you are exactly right. Like I said earlier, I don't do a lot of buying, selling and trading firearms privately and was just curious what others thought about a BOS.

Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom